Team ORSM

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
RaceDepartment welcomes Team ORSM. Here you will find the new home of the team behind V8Factor, Bathurst and other productions!

Have fun!

Muzarati..

Whats the point of tweaking the setups... Well in real terms it can achieve 2 things.

1. If the Mod is released with the 1.3 Physics (because we don't get any poor feedback and the choice is made to keep the physics as they because we haven't found further improvements), then you will be ahead of the pack with your setup.

2. If the mod is released with new physics, then you will have more practice in dialing in an ORSM V8.

Either way, the point is you get better at racing and more proficient at tweaking the car to handle the way you drive, and the effects each adjustment makes.

I'll leave the rest up to you to choose.

AAA+ :cool: Check mate. New game anyone?

Grille tape (blanking) should affect both the front downforce and the engine temperature. More blanking will increase front downforce but will also increase drag a small amount. So you may get better turn in but sacrifice some top speed. Depending on the track the increased drag may result in a slower lap.

More blanking should also cause less cooling as there is less air passing through the radiator. The engine should heat up substantially over a couple of laps using 80% blanking. However It looks like I managed to break that effect somehow before release - my bad. It WAS working in pre-release testing so we'll definitely fix it for the 2009 mod. Thanks Ivo Simons and Tickford for pointing that bug out.

Hey fellas,
Wasnt sure where to post this but i wanted feedback from people using the V8 mod, as this is the only mod i now use in rFactor.

Ive recently formatted my PC and forgot to save off my previous profile, so I was wondering if someone could share there setup, I dont like the wheel to be really free, as in i like there to be some resistance as there would be when trying to steer these things flat out around a circuit.

Any help appreciated.

Also is anyone using the Andy Pastore G25 Load cell brake, cause im having difficulty configuring it to have a full brake pedal...I have it setup perfectly for iRacing just cant sort it for rFactor...

Cheers in advance.
oh and what the hell is taking so long to get this new V8 mod out!!..hahaha just kidding fellas looks great so far, love your work.

Thanks for the compliment on an "intelligent Answer", but what I have found over the years Muz is that the answer will always be indicative of the question asked.

If you personally like a descriptive answer to your question, then I suggest you ask the right questions in a detailed manner and descriptive manner. We are dealing with a black and white, no emotion communication medium that can be misconstrued by people.

Me, I am a sarcastic bastard, and if I made a comment "Just do It" on a forum, my friends would laugh it off because they know me, others would think I am an arrogant prick.. This is just an example of how things can be misconstrued.

We are more than willing to let you know what the plans of the team are (to an extent obviously!!!), but be aware that plans are just that, and we aren't setting anything in stone until we release the mod.

so, please keep posting, just consider the questions and the way that you are actually asking. You can see from the posts that all people read things differently.

I was a bit bored and playing around with blur effects in photo shop

The tweaked pics
HRT_2009_01.bmp

HRT_2009_02.bmp

The original pics

HRT_2009_031.BMP

HRT_2009_041.BMP

HRT_2009_03.bmp

HRT_2009_04.bmp

HRT_2009_03.bmp

HRT_2009_04.bmp

I guess you're talking about the Ford. The cockpit I was copying when I made it didn't have the shift lights above the Motec, but fair few teams did later. We'll see what we can do in the new mod, but I think they'll only be there if the real cars have them. I'm not sure if the old cockpits will be updated though, maybe if there's one similar to our old one but with the shift lights added.

Just in regrds to the shift lights. If you guys put them in the next mod could there be an optional upgrade to change the colour of them to say blue then red when hitting close to the limit for example when not using the motec dash, and if you do use it could the backlight on the motec dash have an option like this as well. As im colour blind i find it hard to judge sometimes when shifting as i rely on sound only for the majority of the time. The mods that have that style of shift light i can see no worries.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%