'It was already two days on the frontpage of RD Tim :) '

Héhé, true Bram,
but the thread to react wasn't there yet
and I really wanted to scream out my happiness ;-)

I hope the game will not require any modding involvement at all. We have rFactor (1 and 2) for modding. Personally i hope the game offers enough licensed content so that you can play it out of the box with enough cars and tracks like in the RACE Series.

I agree. I just reinstalled my old copy of GTR (original) simply because i wanted some Ferrari's and Porsche's that were made for the game so they were 'perfect' in the sense of the AI being good and so on.

How about:

• Different FT/Le Mans Series included, i.e.
  • -- FIA GT Championship
  • -- Australian GT Championship (yes I'm from Australia)
  • -- ALMS (American Le Mans Series)
  • -- Rolex GT Sports car championship (or whatever it's called)
  • -- World Le Mans series (if there is one)
  • I'd also like special events, i.e.
  • -- Le Mans 24 Hour
  • -- Nurburgring 24 Hour
    etc.
  • This has already been mentioned but i'd like prototypes as well as GT cars.

-Decent set-up advice, like that AI race engineer for example mentioned a few posts above.
-Must have: fully working weather and daytime system.
-Personally I would really like an in game skineditor as well, cause I’m no photoshop hero…
-A trackguide and carguide as well.
-A more elaborate replay editor with more camera-angles, and the TV-view must hold more distance from your car so the action is better visible when racing in a pack.
-A careermode, something like that new f1-game would be AWESOME imo.
-A realistic damage model.
-And if possible: kickassgraphics!

(I do hope that beside the GT-classes, there is still a touringcars-class available)

I think most have already said what needed driver swap,
but I think also

- better or easier Dynamic weather system for online gaming, especially for long long endurance racing (6/8/12 or even 24 hours) (if it rains hard, it washes away the rubber build up for grip, looses grip and then needs to reapply rubber again to get more grip. a drying racing line (cars have then more grip in dry line then wet line)
- ditching the old engine (really important!!!!!!) (if no lizard engine, at least buy the Dirt 2 engine and try for more dynamic scenery and lightning and also support for direct x10 and x11.........if lizard engine, upgrade the lizard engine if doable for directx10 or 11 :))
- better admin control or race director control options during racing (ability for admins to use the pace car if needed for first lap or 2 of formation or caution...also to be able to do a Pau incident :)))
- broadcasting (helping) tools during racing
- ability to be able to start in the pit if countdown timer for joining the track has expired)
- pit crew animation needs to be back and pit stops takes less time than they currently do (all depending on the car type....if openwheel, able to fuel up and change tires at the same time)
- bring Prototype cars
- able to test the cars with option of old tires on it (so setup can be better made based on when tire wear comes into play)

Edit:

oh yeah 1 more important thing
- let us have 50 plus driver on the track online......or at least you guys can make the options for us dedicated hosters....
nobody has dail up now (or almost nobody :)) and fiberglass is around the corner soon for most of us. So let us have more than the 25 online players......it's bs to keep the numbers low with connection speed getting better and better

How about when a track is created the highest grip level is on the "REAL RACING LINE" instead of the atrocious excuse for a racng line that is on most tracks add on and otherwise ATM.

Just thought of something else - AI changing setups themselves

i.e. You have an add-on track with a long straight (like Le Mans if my wish of the Le Mans 24 Hours doesn't come true:D:D:D) and the default setup for the AI has gear ratios more suited for Monaco. They could go out, realise they're on the rev-limiter for ages and come back in to lengthen the ratios.

P.S. I wonder if SIMBIN are reading this:wink:

This is a wish list and you can wish for whatever you want - I wish the game to sell for £10 and come with a free Ferrari :)

However, in terms of realistic wishes we should remember that the FIA GT series owner has announced a video game of the championship, and Simbin have announced a new GTR game which goes back to their roots. Their roots are the FIA GT championship so it is almost certain that the new GTR title will simulate the FIA GT1 championship.

This being so it would be sensible to look at that championship to determine what the game might include.

The races in the new GT1 championship are one hour long.
There will be 24 cars on the grid.
There will be a mandatory pitstop window with driver and tyre changes but no refuelling.
Teams will be limited to 4 sets of tyres in a race weekend.
Teams will be limited to two engine changes in a season or face grid drop penalties.

It is also worth remembering that the title is likely to be on XBox360 as well as PC and the console version will be the big seller.

Personally I can't see GTR3 having either 24 hour racing or supporting grids of 40 or more. I don't know if any of the one hour races will be held at night, but if not it probably won't include night racing either.

Most of the tracks are new for Simbin and in any case I'm hoping the game raises the bar such that all the tracks will have to modelled from scratch. That will be quite a lot of work for a relatively small developer like Simbin so I'm not expecting any other major series - just support series for the GT1 championship.

I'm hoping for Grid like graphics, tracks approaching iRacing accuracy and new physics, with a really in-depth simulation of the GT1 series and its supporting series, including rules such as 4 sets of tyres in a race weekend, and the two engines in a season rule.

i'dd like to see.

16:9 widescreen for real, i think it is now 4:3.

engine based on a 64 bit platform

DX 11.xx

night races, with some lights that keeps working when beiing hit form behind in the dark.

much better force feedback, or easier to set it up for each car. or already set up pro car.

Better sounds for the engines and tyre scrubbing.

That will do i reckon.

I hate to be the poster of dissent :)

Badned, the Forzacentral administator, has posted GTR3 will be a cross platform release. While he isn't the messiah/Oracle of gaming, Badned does have an enviable track record for correct insider information.

Further, based on the private emails I've been fortunate to have recieved, I can assure forum members SimBin haven't been scared off consoles because of the RACE Pro experience. In fact they learnt a tonne from it :D

Cheers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years