These are good news for STC as we where really thinking about switching to rFactor 2. Now we only need to see a real improve from the good but bugfull Race07 series and that would be superb if all the MODs from Race07 could be used in GTR3.

sorry to say but i hope it will be hard to implement stuff from Race07 as it will look cheap and low quality
atleast if you not have the raw files, i hope more for more new and scratch build contend. and hopefully
something like a quality controle from SimBin side

David Garcia;510673 said:
I hope it is a brand new game, with all the improvements Race07 series needs, and also I expect it can use all the Race07 series MODs.

If it is a brand new game (and I believe it will be) you can be certain that you can't use all the Race07 series mods.

I hope the game will not require any modding involvement at all. We have rFactor (1 and 2) for modding. Personally i hope the game offers enough licensed content so that you can play it out of the box with enough cars and tracks like in the RACE Series.

This topic could go on forever for me so I'll stick with the main ones:

• Night Racing of Course
  • Longer Races
  • Fully functional safety car
  • Skin Saving Option so when you are online and someone has a skin, you have a choice to save it to your game forever
  • Wider choice of race options like complete rearrnage of the grid for second race, Choice of 3 races, choice of shorter first race then longer second race etc. etc.
  • Better championship options for offline championships
  • You get to choose what cars you race against with in a race (Not just by model but by driver)

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Good suggestions Ross, some more control on race format and grids. Restart options and overall better admin features.

Expert set-up advice - An AI race engineer of sorts with in-game telemetry to advise on set-up changes.
Proper dynamic weather.
Prototypes.
Camera editing tools and other movie making features like TV style overlays on replays.​

a usefull racecontrole for manualy aply yellow,red,black flaggs
and way more important a prostyle broadcasting feature with overlays for standings splittime etc several virtual monitors so the broadcaster
can swap easy back and forth betwine pre chosed positions and not have to clip up and down the whole grid
slot to allow a seperate visitor server to watch the race live (min 100 spectator slots)
larger grids up to 60 cars for endurance races

- possibility to flatspot a tire, more tyre choices - generally a greater role of tire management
- fully working weather and daytime system
- more cars in online play
- more bumps (like on real track) and changes in grip levels on a track meaning marbles build-up, offline dust
- a cleaner UI to handle more options in one menu
- replay editor
- league broadcasting options, live timing
- in game skin editor
- in game voice chat/ teaming option
- driver change in longer races
- a track and car guide
- need to accomplish a driving test with certain car/track before you are able to race online

more to come :)

- A career mode, start off in Minis or something similar, progress to GT3s and then into the GT1s.
- A wider range of pit to car radio calls.
- A nice damage model.
- Moddabilty.
- Great car sounds.
- Pit strategies, the AI can make clever calls as well.
- Real weather, the race can be halted due to flooding etc.

But thats in an ideal world.

- a Linux dedicated server, to keep the root server costs low
- a build-in remote interface in the dedicated server
- skid marks and rubber build-up from the complete grid are displayed and affect grip levels
- a better lag handling, i.e. if someone had connection problems in the field (positions changes outside physical car parameters and is in close range to other cars) he will get removed automatically
- no more completely random engine health at race start
- animated pit stops/garage and a pitboard
- an optional "radio link" to your box, who tells you your stats and car problems, so you don't need any HUD in your car anymore
- an optional real! Helmet view in all cars
- an optional frame limiter with a dynamic LOD system, to achieve a silk and smooth gameplay adjusting on your general PC performance and some worst case scenarios (lot of cars in front of you with a demanding scenery)
- in game friend list

I hope the game will not require any modding involvement at all. We have rFactor (1 and 2) for modding. Personally i hope the game offers enough licensed content so that you can play it out of the box with enough cars and tracks like in the RACE Series.

Completely agree, I gave up on playing rFactor online years ago because it became a chore to keep all the tracks and mods up to date.

Great suggestions guys, if we had all this I would never leave my PC!

Some more:

- A "Rival" system which keeps track of who you raced before and depending on how close you were, they get a certain rating of rivalry with you. From say Not even close - Worst enemies. That could be fun :)
- A proper online ranking system rather than the crap one we have at the minute
- A choice to save a server as "Favourite" so it's right there when you go online, rather than having to trawl through it.
- AI that adjusts to your speed
- More realistic AI, they can crash into each other, make mistakes, make bold passes, block the racing line etc.
- Instead of the server saying "Unknown" it tells you what mod or track it is, rather than you having to guess all the time and downloading every mod and track under the sun until you finally realise what it is (Sorry rant mode off :p)
- Easier to kick wreckers from a server, rather than needing the whole field to vote.

:D Now I really can't think of any more without getting stupid :)

David Garcia;510913 said:
Can´t see the reason why David, as it is the same devoloper.

A new engine will have new file formats and new physics parameters. Shift is made by the same developer as GTR2 but you can't use GTR2 mods in Shift because its a new engine, just as you can't use GPL mods in NASCAR2003.

Besides, Simbin should really raise the bar with the new GTR - it should be a next gen title. Content should be specifically created for it - old content will just look old - just like F1C conversions in rFactor look old.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.3%