What would you change?

With the news that the top 10 will have to start on the same tyres they used in Qualifying, I reckon that the FIA should stop messing with the rules. To succeed as a sport, F1 needs stability... I have spent the last few nights wondering what I would do to the rules to improve F1, and obviously I'd want the rules to stay exactly the same for at least five seasons.

Here's what I think they should do:
---
Budgets - cap them at 110 million Euros, or somewhere around that number. This will prevent the big teams from spending ludicrous amounts of money, but is not quite as draconian as the 40-million-Euro cap suggested last year.

Cars - Stipulate maximum dimensions for height, length and width. The cars' dimensions can be anywhere within these guidelines, but must not exceed them. Aerodynamic devices that are known to hinder overtaking, such as Double Diffusers, are banned. The driver's position must be so that his feet are behind the front axle. All safety features that exist in the cars today are to be carried over. Everything else - the wings, the body shape, the suspension, everything - is open for experimentation. Innovation is encouraged.

Rules - Former drivers are to act as official stewards, and the flag rules are to stay the same. Allow the teams to choose whatever tyre supplier they want, whatever compound they want to use, and however many compounds they want to use. In-race refuelling is banned. Go back to a simple points system that covers roughly the first half of the field. The rules are to remain stable, and will only be changed if there is a significant reason to.
---
...And that's it for me. What would you guys change? :smile:

what i would change on top on that would be the the praccy and qualy formate like it was in the good ol days of F1 friday morning
1st praccy friday noon 1st qualy. then Saturday morning 2nd praccy followed by the 2nd qualy at Saturday noon, no lap or
tyer limitaion on both qualy's best time out of the 2 qually's of the a driver scores for grid position

Im not sure exactly what i would change but as an idea, i would have 2 budget forms. One of say 200 million, and one of 50 million. But if you want to spend the big money you have to adhere to the 2010 regs, however if you stick to the 50 million budget cap you will have alot more flexiblity in design.
It would definitely help mix up the grid and due to the freedom of design i think you would see top designers like Adrian Newey go to smaller teams.

First i would return everything to 2008 rules to bring back those gorgeous designs.:love:.

Points system to old 2002 system.
Qualifies are 30-30 minutes and you can do 3 runs maximum each of them. Then average times will be applied as the final starting grid.
I would give +1 extra point to one who overtakes 10 cars in race.

Get rid of Ecclestone who seems to want to turn F1 into Mario Kart, clean up the FIA and F1 in general but then if that was done Schumacher wouldn't be allowed to return and Ferrari would have to "Race" instead of relying on the above.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%