What would judges said

I was testing new camera holder and really interesting crash happend in the and of video. On our forum we can't really decide what would judges said about this sitution. What do you guys think?
From my POV i tried to give driver a space while he cut corner and loosing traction soo i went over white lines, but i tried to return without speed lost, because this car is underpowered compared to other gt3 cars.

I was testing new camera holder and really interesting crash happend in the and of video. On our forum we can't really decide what would judges said about this sitution. What do you guys think?
From my POV i tried to give driver a space while he cut corner and loosing traction soo i went over white lines, but i tried to return without speed lost, because this car is underpowered compared to other gt3 cars.
I would most likely say please provide more and different angles of the incident.
Although this seems to be unsafe rejoining disadvantaging other drivers and should at least be warned for, I would also say poor decision not to lift off yourself and blame you as well ;) The race lasts longer than Kemmel straight!

First of all it's not really relevant what we have to say, as we judge incidents by our own rules. Each league probably has their own rule-set.

Secondly, epic crashfest in the first turns:thumbsdown:. A warning should go out to at least half the field if this is really a league and not a public server race. Maybe introduce a red zone where you cannot overtake at all?

The incident itself. Both drivers should be more cautious of course. The left driver indeed cuts (maybe get a time penalty for that) but is allowed to drive the wider line after that as he is still in front of your car. You however should receive a penalty for recklessly driving into him while there is a) no space to overtake at that corner b) your frontwheels haven't passed his rearwheels. Add to that, if you would have lifted the throttle a bit and anticipated better on the other driver you would still have had more exit speed, plus a better inside position, to overtake the driver in the next right hand turn corner.

I think the driver behind always has the responsibility of making a safe pass. There was no way to get by the other car on the inside, you were always going to be pushed out and the fact there was a wall waiting for you really meant there was no other option but to back off and wait for the next mistake. The rules and right or wrong of it don't really matter, you could have avoided the accident quite easily and going for a disappearing gap cost you your race. It's a mistake I've made, it's why I'm beginning to like longer races, you don't feel as compelled to go for any gap that presents itself.

Agree with all the above and i might add that the car on your left,if he runs on single display,it might not even see you becaue on a single display,you dont have clean view of the right mirror...you showld of back it off behind him and use the slipstream to overtake...there is a long straight after Eau....Pacience is the most important factor on public races...from many aspects.

Even if you don't have triple screen you can still use red arrows. I know patience is best for public servers, i wasn't mad at all when i have crash. This situation was just interesting for me, because i wanted to show a video of bad start in MP, but people were more into my crash in the next corner. Some blame him, some blame me. If AC default penalty would be enabled this accident wouldn't happen because driver in front will get 5sec penalty/slow down and i would go pass him like nothing, but since i joined server on the end of round, i didn't know enything about it's configuration.
I didn't start a theme to cry about this crash, because even i know that i make mistake. I just wanted more opinions on this kind of move.

First of all it's not really relevant what we have to say, as we judge incidents by our own rules. Each league probably has their own rule-set.

Secondly, epic crashfest in the first turns:thumbsdown:. A warning should go out to at least half the field if this is really a league and not a public server race. Maybe introduce a red zone where you cannot overtake at all?

The incident itself. Both drivers should be more cautious of course. The left driver indeed cuts (maybe get a time penalty for that) but is allowed to drive the wider line after that as he is still in front of your car. You however should receive a penalty for recklessly driving into him while there is a) no space to overtake at that corner b) your frontwheels haven't passed his rearwheels. Add to that, if you would have lifted the throttle a bit and anticipated better on the other driver you would still have had more exit speed, plus a better inside position, to overtake the driver in the next right hand turn corner.
AGREE.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years