WHAT WHEEL AND PEDAL SET - MUCH DIFFERENCE?

just out of interest, I have just upgraded to a t300 Ferrari edition with t3pa pedals, been using a t150 pro for the last four years.
Am knocking nearly 2secs off a laptime since switching. Does it really make that much difference? Or is it just the fact I must've been really really slow, instead of now just being slow..

Really not sure. Some people here are using G25s and pot pedals, mounted to a desk with a 23" monitor and others are using full motion rigs, direct drive wheels with load cell pedals and triple screens...
To be honest on the race track I doubt you would know who had which kit.
Sim racing is like real racing, bums in seats time, doesn't matter what seat and it doesn't matter which wheel most of the time. Just persistence with a healthy dollop of skill

Really not sure. Some people here are using G25s and pot pedals, mounted to a desk with a 23" monitor and others are using full motion rigs, direct drive wheels with load cell pedals and triple screens...
To be honest on the race track I doubt you would know who had which kit.
Sim racing is like real racing, bums in seats time, doesn't matter what seat and it doesn't matter which wheel most of the time. Just persistence with a healthy dollop of skill
Agree, someone posted a video of this topic not too long ago.

...but the driving feel and time-to-optimum laptime is a whole different story.
First time I drove with a DD1 /v3 Pedals I shaved off 1 second of my previous time on Barcelona in ACC with T500/T3PA....on a rig unknown to me vs. a setup I have had for a long time. For the first time I really could feel the limit of the tyre grip in ACC.
If you do not want to delve into DDs and pay big $$, do not test a DD-System...ever. :D

Agree, someone posted a video of this topic not too long ago.

...but the driving feel and time-to-optimum laptime is a whole different story.
First time I drove with a DD1 /v3 Pedals I shaved off 1 second of my previous time on Barcelona in ACC with T500/T3PA....on a rig unknown to me vs. a setup I have had for a long time. For the first time I really could feel the limit of the tyre grip in ACC.
If you do not want to delve into DDs and pay big $$, do not test a DD-System...ever. :D
So true...
For immersion paying extra definitely helps that. I have a CSW v1 and love it, but I tried a v2.5 at a local Raceroom lan race for competition and it was so much better. Was gutted as I knew I'd tried something I couldn't afford to upgrade to.

@ZeroRisk my brother had a CSW v1 until a while ago. The wheelbase was top notch in almost all aspects but had one essential flaw: I couldn't feel anything through it. The FFB was minimal, even worse than on my current T500. You can adapt to it and you will learn the tracks, cars and react from muscle memory. But it takes longer than on a wheel with more pronounced FFB and of course the lack of one immersion factor is a big negative. BTW the larger BMW wheel makes it even worse compared to the Formula rim.
Hopefully you will have the funds some day to upgrade. :thumbsup:

just out of interest, I have just upgraded to a t300 Ferrari edition with t3pa pedals, been using a t150 pro for the last four years.
Am knocking nearly 2secs off a laptime since switching. Does it really make that much difference? Or is it just the fact I must've been really really slow, instead of now just being slow..
Well, lots of the fastest single laps have been done by kids with G27s/G29s bolted to a desk. Personally, speaking. My times only really started to drop once I learnt how to practice properly. The motivation to do so could have been because I bought kit that really upped to the enjoyment factor and which also helped me to drive more consistently. The biggest factor there was loadcell pedals.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 386 39.8%