ARCA Sim Racing

Cockpit is the only view if you are trying to simulate racing, anything else is arcade IMO.

my opinion is the best view to use is the one who you are most comfortable with it...it does not matter if it makes it look arcady or not, because the car will have the same handling in any view :wink:

as for my I used the bonnet view. This has to do especially because me being tall and I'm used to see the hood of the car when I drive in real life :wink:

• Bert Van Waes

Cockpit view, although i would love it if my dash is a little bit closer to me.

Not everybody has a microphone Ric :) And besides I hardly use it during league races as i find it mega annoying when people talk while i am concentrating.
It would be nice if everybody could get on TS ofcourse, but making it mandatory will scare people off i think.

• Bert Van Waes

I knew i could move the seat, but that is like 30 cm max (real lif comparision). I would love it if there was an option to be not stuck on the seat, like simbin does. So you can adjust it to your own racing rig.

Aye, I know what you mean. Even some people's shyness can keep people from getting on TS. But for organisational matters it is far better than text chat and it's not beyond the impossible to apply rules to as and when people can talk. Obviously I am not suggesting you make it mandatory, just expressing my opinion and preference.

Oh yes for instructions TS is the best. Can still remember the good old days with the friendly development series.

talking about comms, did any of you ever tried ventrillo? is it better/easier/different than teamspeak?

I know people who use it (WoWsers mainly) and it is better quality then Ts and allows for tabbed connections which sounds useful but the fact you have to pay for servers is a down point. We're lucky (in the HCC) in that we have a friendly Swede with way too much bandwidth and a server provided for us using TS, I don't think you can set up servers like that with Ventrillo.

what new thing you'd like implented in ARCA, I would like to see new body style for all kinds of tracks and a new damage model, the track yes but there is something else to make this game even more cool

Bonnet on ovals
Cocpit (without the stupid wheel) on RC's

Iam not faster or slower in any view btw bonnet'hood cam on ovals just feels better (i tend to get sick on ovals with cp view) and i have more feeling with the cars arround me.

As for the realism aspect... i wont discuss that either lol :D

• Jeff Johnstone

Oh, and I'm busy with some building work in the garden so don't get a lot of practice at the moment, so I'll keep out of everyones way for the next few months till I'm finished and have more time.

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies.
Just realsie this comment of mine is ambiguous.
I would like to race Monday night if I'm allowed, Keeping out of everyones way was meant to mean on track, not off!

Thanks
Jeff

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 115 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 90 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.4%