What Videocard Should I Buy?

i think its time i upgraded my grapichs, as the one i have now realy strugles with Race.

my specs are:-

Amd Athlon 2.8ghz 64 socket 754
1 gb ram
9600xt
Biostar NF325-A7

my budget is around £150, now with my current MB i can only use AGP so would i be better getting a new AGP card or could i upgrade my MB to PCI-E GPU for about the same money.

thanks for any advice :)

i use two 7600GT cards from nvidia but then you pc must be compatible with SLI technology.

if not? you can think of buying the 7900GT card which has 512MB memory.. i think it will fit in your budget, the rest of you system looks good for RACE

good luck

paarma said:
Ako878 said:
my PSU is a Colorsit 550watt would this be ok for the X1950?

Cant really say for sure...sorry. My best guess would be..yes.

i phoned overclockers and i need a psw with at least 20amps on the 12v rail and mine is 30amps, so all being well i should have my new GPU up and running for tonights tornement :)

thanks Ako

paarma said:

bloody computers ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

i installed the card, rebotted my pc started up race and was just changing the graphics settings and my pc shut its self down :-s

after 3 attempts i have now put my old card back in but was to late for the tornament :-({|=

• Neutronblaster_64bit

sound like an insufficient power problem to me

• FOG-Racecarmike

Glad you got it sorted dude, shame about having to spend more money to get it though...

Jr-FOG-racecarmike said:
Glad you got it sorted dude, shame about having to spend more money to get it though...

hopfully i have spent wisely, the new psu has a 5 yr warrenty, in 2yrs or so i want to build a new pc with twin gpu. now i already have the psu for it \:D/

[Central Topic] What Videocard Should I Buy?

my current 8600GT is just not good enough, i`m sick of constant screen freezers and am looking for something to replace it with.
i only play racing games Evo and rFactor mainly.

Gigabyte GA-G33m-DS2R
Intel core 2 E4500 @2.2GHZ
Kingston PC2-6400 CL5 (4x1GB)
Corsair HX520W PSU

i recon i`ve got around £250 to spend, i have no preforance over nVidia or ATI i just want something reliable and no more screen freezers.

Cheers Nigel :hug-right:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%
  • < 5 years