What upgrade gave you best bang for the buck - and why?

I'm lucky to have a very nice rig with some premium parts. While the more expensive bits are great, they mostly punch AT their weight - not above it. I'm interested to know as I'm sure others would be, what upgrades offered you the largest price to benefit ratio?

For me it has to be my SRS double fan kit. I drive mostly open cars where they make the most 'sense' - but even in cars with windscreens its a similar effect to driving IRL with the windows open. When I took delivery, I thought there wasn't much too the kit, and perhaps it wasn't worth the money but having used it for a while now I love it and think its the best value addition I've bought.

Whats yours?

Thanks for the advice, will try this in the next Skippy practise.
For now I use a lot of rear ARB, feels like better traction because less lean.
And I like the rotation ;) ( which only seldom gets away from me.)

MFG Carsten
Usually that's the wrong solution. Note BODY ROLL does not cause a loss of traction. Body roll allows the inside tires to remain on the ground longer---that's a good thing, within limits.

More rear bar will put more pressure on the outside rear tire (creating more heat, more air pressure, and more tire wear), and will lift the inside rear tire quicker...exacerbating the problem. The stiffer rear bar limits the amount of inside rear tire droop.

The best solution for an open diff (and the resulting symmetric power-on oversteer/wheelspin) is usually less rake, which will drop the roll-center (resulting on less weight-transfer and less body roll). Weight transfer is strictly a function of lateral G and roll-center. So, without a change in roll-center, or lateral G....the inside rear tire IS going to get unloaded. Reducing the ARB will slow down the rate of weight transfer. Increasing the ARB (as you've done) will speed up the rate of weight transfer.

Altering your line, allows you to change WHEN the maximum lateral G happens. Ie, when you square off the corner you increase the lateral G at the squared-off point (while you are OFF throttle)...in exchange for less G later in the corner when you are back ON the throttle.

Lost acceleration on turn exit will KILL lap-times, and is even worse in a race. This is often exacerbated because the corners where this is worst (tight and slow often more than 90*)...VERY often lead onto the 1st or 2nd longest straights on the track. So, last to the throttle is last to the next corner. There's no way to make up for the throttle delay or wheel spin leading onto a long straight.

Upvote 0
Upgrading from the standard pedals of my T300RS to the T-LCM pedals = better trail braking = more confidence on track = much more fun racing = :D

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 217114

Probably from CSL Elite to HE Sprints. I've used all kind of pedals under the range of HE Sprints. HE just stands out; loadcell, great build, pethair-friendly, low maintenance. Also I train my feet, my calves, etc. Its a little work out every time I race. I get stronger and stronger. For months I am even complaining why my clutch feel so soft now.. It's because I became stronger, haha.

Next upgrade would be a 49inch 1440 monitor. But I already do own a 34inch 1440. I am waiting a used monitor for 600 euro, instead of 800-1000. Because the upgrade is a little bit small, but I can sell my current for 300-400, so yeah. I probably keep the 34 for a while and buy a DD instead. I've everything already. Don't need motion or tactile..

Upvote 0
Best bang for the buck were my first shakers for SimVibe (tactile feedback). I had an old amplifier already and the SimVibe licence with the Accuforce, so just the shakers were very cheap. Than the amp died (wasn't made for 4x 100w shaker) and had some try & error to dampen the rig, so my neighbors don't want to kill me anymore. My tip: put the rig on gymnastic mats. The rig needs to shake a little as well to fully decouple the vibrations.

In the same category is TrackIR and really love it with my 49" widescreen. Better than triples :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Probably from CSL Elite to HE Sprints. I've used all kind of pedals under the range of HE Sprints. HE just stands out; loadcell, great build, pethair-friendly, low maintenance. Also I train my feet, my calves, etc. Its a little work out every time I race. I get stronger and stronger. For months I am even complaining why my clutch feel so soft now.. It's because I became stronger, haha.

Next upgrade would be a 49inch 1440 monitor. But I already do own a 34inch 1440. I am waiting a used monitor for 600 euro, instead of 800-1000. Because the upgrade is a little bit small, but I can sell my current for 300-400, so yeah. I probably keep the 34 for a while and buy a DD instead. I've everything already. Don't need motion or tactile..
I am on the CSL Elites and eventually looking for this or a similar upgrade, did you find driving at the limit a bit more intuitive as I struggle with braking still even with the LC on the CSL Elite

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 217114

I am on the CSL Elites and eventually looking for this or a similar upgrade, did you find driving at the limit a bit more intuitive as I struggle with braking still even with the LC on the CSL Elite
Well, the brakes are kinda similar but what stands out for the HE Sprints are the incredible throttle and clutch as well. It's more in harmony with the strength of the brake. The CSL Elite the balance of all the pedals are kinda off. From very hard to ultrasoft. Also do mind you can tune the pedals to your liking; strength, position, etc etc etc. I am far more happy with the Sprints then the CSL Elite LC. Also I own them nearly a year and I've not faced any problem with them. With the CSL Elite I eventually got a spiking throttle due dusty potiometers. So I cleaned them and sold them. It's annoying to go on my knees every now and then and blow the pedals clean.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing