What to upgrade next ?

My computer needs updating more than anything tbh but I will have to wait until GPU prices are sensible again, and not a rip off.
That being said, I do use my 1070Ti and Rift S for VR racing and I love it !

Note, I play mostly offline (as I've no idea where to start online), and I use sim racing as a tool to help me improve on the track with my own car.
And of course it's good fun !

So going onto the hardware side of things:
Thrustmaster TX Base + 599FX Wheel
Thrustmaster T3PA Pro pedals with BBJ SimRacing springs on the clutch/gas + their blue conical rubber stopper
Thrustmaster TH8A shifter (which is used as a handbrake)
SSH NEWT Shifter
BBJ Button Box
Playseat Challenge

I can't pull the trigger on any upgrades yet as thanks to C19, I was made redundant.
Hopefully going back into my old job in March, and of course I keep an eye on the market place, so it doesn't HAVE to be brand new.

I'm not entirely sure what to upgrade because the next leap tends to be pretty costly.
And since I'm rebuilding my track cars engine at the moment (in my living room!), I've got to be sensible until things get back on track so to speak.

I really appreciate any thoughts on this !

Upvote 0
Cheers for the links, another great contender perhaps :thumbsup:
(if I spend over £500, I tend to spread the costs, especially as a little change at home is coming)

I definitely can't do that now, it'll mean upgrading the rig as well. I'd love to though !!!
So I was just stating that, if I was going to spend on a new CSW 2.5, I think I'd rather just get a DD wheel. It's too expensive (IMHO) with the current marketplace. Maybe a few years ago it wasn't, clearly it's the best of belt drive but.. their pricing.

Which is purely why I mentioned going with a TS-XW base only, it's the cheapest step up, before going ballsdeep, and it looked comparable to the CSL Elite.
So whether it's a noticeable step up, well I've no idea hah.
It would also mean I could have the potential to upgrade my 1070Ti.

Well, I'm checking reviews and trying to see if it's really worth the bother or not.

Upvote 0
Cheers for the links, another great contender perhaps :thumbsup:
(if I spend over £500, I tend to spread the costs, especially as a little change at home is coming)

I definitely can't do that now, it'll mean upgrading the rig as well. I'd love to though !!!
So I was just stating that, if I was going to spend on a new CSW 2.5, I think I'd rather just get a DD wheel. It's too expensive (IMHO) with the current marketplace. Maybe a few years ago it wasn't, clearly it's the best of belt drive but.. their pricing.

Which is purely why I mentioned going with a TS-XW base only, it's the cheapest step up, before going ballsdeep, and it looked comparable to the CSL Elite.
So whether it's a noticeable step up, well I've no idea hah.
It would also mean I could have the potential to upgrade my 1070Ti.

Well, I'm checking reviews and trying to see if it's really worth the bother or not.

I agree, went from TX (or T300) to the TS-PC (or TS-XW) and the step up is very good! Cheap & good, after that its DD upgrade IMO. But for now I got 3 rims and a wheel base which I bought to a discount and probably to a total of under 1000$ (which is almost the price of a good wheel from a DD brand).

So ya, still have both my kidneys :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sim-Plicity SW8C+ DD Wheel: £599.99

That's mine and I absolutely love it. :)

Oh, btw – I came from a TX wheelbase as well ans was also thinking about the TS-XW, but in hindsight I am so glad I invested some more money and left the belt driven bubble.

Upgrading from one belt driven base to another does not make that much of a sense, I think. Especially considering the TX is already quite a solid base and the TS-XW is only a bit stronger, but lacks of other real advantages worth the purchase.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really appreciate your reply !
My wife won't but I do.

I had a look at the thread you posted on, and I'm glad to see it's a worth while purchase!
I'm surprised at the good cost, so I shall read some more, and see (and maybe DM you a couple of questions).
The good thing is I wouldn't be able to buy it now, so it gives me time for my work situation to play out.
Desperately need to finish building this engine sat in my living room :roflmao:

Thanks again!
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Sim-Plicity SW8C+ DD Wheel: £599.99

That's mine and I absolutely love it. :)

Oh, btw – I came from a TX wheelbase as well ans was also thinking about the TS-XW, but in hindsight I am so glad I invested some more money and left the belt driven bubble.

Upgrading from one belt driven base to another does not make that much of a sense, I think. Especially considering the TX is already quite a solid base and the TS-XW is only a bit stronger, but lacks of other real advantages worth the purchase.
Link has only text, no pictures? Can you show your wheel and DD drive together and how much it cost total, so we can compare? And what are the wheel option, if we need more then one style?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Link has only text, no pictures? Can you show your wheel and DD drive together and how much it cost total, so we can compare? And what are the wheel option, if we need more then one style?

Cheers!
There are some pictures of my setup here. The base is a MiGE 110 coupled with the controller box you see in their webshop's images.
My wheelrim is based on a DIY kit from 3drap.it, which cost around 170€ in total. I had that on my TX base before, so I only had to change the connector to a QR with matching bolt pattern.

Speaking of the wheel: That was a main reason why I decided against Fanatec. I didn't want to get locked into their ecosystem. You get ready to race usb wheels for some 180€, which is way cheaper than the fanatec hub I'd have to buy to use my own wheel.

Upvote 0
There are some pictures of my setup here. The base is a MiGE 110 coupled with the controller box you see in their webshop's images.
My wheelrim is based on a DIY kit from 3drap.it, which cost around 170€ in total. I had that on my TX base before, so I only had to change the connector to a QR with matching bolt pattern.

Speaking of the wheel: That was a main reason why I decided against Fanatec. I didn't want to get locked into their ecosystem. You get ready to race usb wheels for some 180€, which is way cheaper than the fanatec hub I'd have to buy to use my own wheel.
Well, thanks it is interesting, also your setup priority are special :ninja:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.1%