what to sync

Unfortunately, for that situation I think the only safe way is to save your modded files and add them back in afterwards.
It's not much help to you right now but really recommend trying Generic Mod Enabler by Jonesoft. It's free, and it allows you add and remove mods without any worry. So you can remove them, synch the game and then add them all back in afterwards.

Are your skins in a specific folder? I did a sync but all my v8 skin's were still there. They were in a separate folder
Syncing simply compares files and, if needed, overwrites or adds (if missing) them. However, sync works only on default/original files, so those added to the game that didn't interact with original files - won't be touched by the sync :)

Could not find an answer to that..
Is it possible to just sync certain files? Everytime I sync all my installed skins are overwritten.
I was wondering that myself right after all my modified cockpitinfo files, and cams were restored to defaults. After that it's better to backup files and hoping that another update will be released as a .RAR package too ;)

Syncing simply compares files and, if needed, overwrites or adds (if missing) them. However, sync works only on default/original files, so those added to the game that didn't interact with original files - won't be touched by the sync :)

I was wondering that myself right after all my modified cockpitinfo files, and cams were restored to defaults. After that it's better to backup files and hoping that another update will be released as a .RAR package too ;)
Yes , that is why it seems strange, unless he uses skins with the same dds names.

GSCSync is designed to put the game in it's latest, CLEAN, state. It does not cater for modded files that might be in the way.
You take a risk every time you update the game while it is modded, you may not know exactly what files were wrongly over-written or left untouched. Even if it seems to have worked ok, there could be crashes that only become evident once you are in-game.
(just look through the bug report thread to see this - there are many reports that are NOT bugs, but are caused by mods left in place while updating).

Backup your mods, learn how to remove and replace them, update an un-modded game, and your game will run reliably and/or be easier to maintain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back