What to save for a reinstall?

I've encountered a small problem with a downloaded track that doesn't seem to be a problem with the download itself, no timing or lap information. That and never being able to run at Spa[it's a black screen] have the makings for a reinstall of Race07, DTR Evo, STCC and Race On.

So, what folders/files do I need to save to get back racing quickly?
I take it all the info in my Doc's forder are safe?

As long as you dont delete your documents /simbin folder just reinstall.You should be able to race again straight away! Don't uninstall any thing! just do a new install.
Regarding your spa black screen,it sounds like a dodgy address.in your spa TRK file it should look like this
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SHARED
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SHARED\2007ads
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SHARED\misc
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SHARED\cars
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SHARED\trucks
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SHARED\3DPeople
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Spa\
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Spa\Textures
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Spa\Model
SearchPath=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SHARED\ADVERTISMENT

I hope this helps !
Ian

I've encountered a small problem with a downloaded track that doesn't seem to be a problem with the download itself, no timing or lap information. That and never being able to run at Spa[it's a black screen] have the makings for a reinstall of Race07, DTR Evo, STCC and Race On.

So, what folders/files do I need to save to get back racing quickly?
I take it all the info in my Doc's forder are safe?

Is it the Cleveland track you are referring to? Since I have similar problems with it.

Spa has never run for me without being a total blackout, the car will drive but I can see nothing.

Second problem was with the Rouen Formula Master race for today, the stopwatch never ran and laps were never counted.
I got plenty of help from those in the thread and through PM's but nothing helped. It only happened with the Rouen combo of tracks and with any car.
Small failings really for all the cars and tracks that Ihave downloaded in the past nine months.

What did you do Dennis? Deleted the RACE 07 folder and aftwards put everything back? Do you also have strange behaviour on default tracks on a clean game? If that works properly it might be a mod you installed that causes these problems.

What you also can try to do is this:

Try this to restore corrupted files:
  • Go to your steamfolder: X:\Steam
  • Delete the file: AppUpdateStats.blob
  • Delete the file: ClientRegistry.blob
  • Close down your Steam entirely
  • Restart Steam
  • Fill in username and password (be sure you have them before deleting the two blob files)
  • Steam will update your game again to the latest patch
If this doesnt fix anything we need to try something else :)

Bram,
Yes, deleted the Race07 folder, rebooted and opened "STCC".
Rouen is the only track that this has happened at. Spa is the only track to open to a black screen.
With the new install, there are no mods other than my favorite track downloads but it was happening on the reinstall before I added any other tracks.

I'm sure that when I was downloading tracks/mods for the first time a year ago that I put files in the wrong places, removed them and reinstalled correctly. The first errors may have caused the Spa problem, t he timing problem is just weird.

I'm off to work on Steam now.

OK, back from grocery shopping and fiddling with Steam.
No problem restarting Steam.
I had to download the track and reinstall it.
Minidump the first time I tried to enter the track. Then I noticed that it was only showing the '74-'94 track and that it was in the "Extras" listing for tracks.
A look into "Addons" found both of the real tracks. Timing still does not occur for me.

How do I get rid of the unwanted track in "Extras"?

I certainly am getting proficient at the first lap at this track!

Deleted Race07
Emptyied Recycling bin
Rebooted
Downloaded Spa again[you didn't think I kept the sameZIP file, did ya?]
Opened Race, selected Spa w/Formula Master = really dark insides of a helmet and a black screen outside.[as it's always been]

Ya, I clean out the dust regularly, lol!
The Spa thing happened before there was any time for dust to accumulate, when I first got the PC.

I'm not really worried, I haven't seen many Spa meets, though I do love the track.
Rouen is nice but now I can only hope that there aren't too many events there.

Thanks for your help.
You know a true friend when they bump you in the rear and you don't end up off line.

Pitstop25 over in the NoGrip forums just made my day!

For a year I have been trying to get addon track Spa to run. I had a black screen but a drivable track, I could see brakelights going on and could drive but had no visiblity! After several downloads and a reinstall of the entire Race collection[including downloads] and Steam I had given up, but I hadn't gotten rid of the track because I knew that SOMEDAY and answer would come!

Pitstop posted that he hed the sky.cmt and skyboxi.gmt files not unzip to the folder on one of his mods. They're found in the Models or Textures folder in the track locaton folder.

I just took the sky and skyboxi files from another track and copied them to the Textures folder for Spa. SUPER! I can drive!

I haven't found a server running it that has a car class I can drive but this definitely solves the problem. If the files I chose don't work online, I'll just ask for someone to send me the ones from their folder.
[Do you think I like this track and have missed it?]

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years