what to save before doing an STEAM integrity check

I do have an black screen on my monitor and O+ after I want to start the race. Deleting the cfs file in documents did not help, I still have an black screen while I can hear the cars running. Even bypassing CMfull and start within AC, does not help.
I only have track and car mods installed nothing on shaders, SOL or whatever enhancements. So I want to do an integrity check to reset everything to stock. Before doing that I want to keep my car/track mods, controller imputs and FFB adjustments intact.
I do hope an experienced guy can tell me on what to save on beforehand.
But the most important, what is happen to CM full-versions adjustments after this integrity check, do I need to reinstall CM, or does CM simply reset the AC adjustments to the “before Integrity check” status.

Last edited:
Before doing that I want to keep my car/track mods, controller imputs and FFB adjustments intact.
The integrity check checks the original game files for changes or missing files. So basically every original file you edited might be replaced if Steam deems them to be not original, and every original file you deleted (cars & tracks for example) will be redownloaded. Settings, CM and so on shouldn't be affected as they are not part of ACs original file structure and therefore Steam doesn't know them.

It's generally a good idea to make a backup copy of your conent folder or the whole assettocorsa folder before an integrity check. If you want to be completely save, make a copy of your documents/Assetto Corsa folder to have a backup of your settings, then rename your assettocorsa steam folder, reinstall AC from Steam and add your mods back into the new install.

I do have an black screen on my monitor and O+ after I want to start the race. Deleting the cfs file in documents did not help, I still have an black screen while I can hear the cars running. Even bypassing CMfull and start within AC, does not help.
I only have track and car mods installed nothing on shaders, SOL or whatever enhancements. So I want to do an integrity check to reset everything to stock. Before doing that I want to keep my car/track mods, controller imputs and FFB adjustments intact.
I do hope an experienced guy can tell me on what to save on beforehand.
But the most important, what is happen to CM full-versions adjustments after this integrity check, do I need to reinstall CM, or does CM simply reset the AC adjustments to the “before Integrity check” status.
have you checked "Rendering mode" in AC or CM-AC video-settings? sometimes it gets reset without reason...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 215 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%