What the... LOL?

Ahhh, I can explain this.....

Simple physics can answer most questions. When you hit the wall, it was obviously at the exact angle to puncture the screen washer water tank, screenwash, as we know, contains alcohol which is explosive, thus the screen wash ignited due to the impact. The Acura suffers from a safety design flaw, the battery is positioned right next to the screenwash tank! As we all know battery's are explosive and must have ignited when the screenwash tank blew up. Now the ill fated Acura had another design flaw, the fuel pump is situated rather close to the battery.... Guess what, the battery explosion would almost certainly have ruptured the fuel line and ignited the fuel blowing back to the fuel tank (unlucky or what!). This with no doubt would have caused the fuel tank rupture, spraying the volatile fuel vapour all over the car. As we know fuel vapour is highly explosive and would have ignited almost instantly! Now the fuel tank rupturing and exploding had another unfortunate side effect, the extreme pressure caused by the exploding fuel vapour must have set off the double air bag in his steering wheel causing the car to 'bounce' backward at an unbelievable speed! (you can hear the air bag deflating in the video, its that whoooshy, whistling sound! and even see the gas trail leaving the car)....... As I said physics can explain everything

Just goes to show how damn accurate the physics modelling in iRacing is:eek: OR never fill your washer bottle!

or not?

The latest in SAFER technology. Spring loaded walls. Looks like they underestimated the speed at which a hit would occur and overestimated the amount of spring force required.

Edit: Just heard a rumor that they are working on a NWM (new wall model) to address the issue.

Well I would go with what they said Ooooor Superman has gained new powers of invisiblity and you owe him money that you aren't telling us about. Wait a second here, did you do something to with Lois Lane that perhaps you shouldn't have?

i talk about that with kunos,nkp developer, he told me that when you develop a track you use some elements with a different elastic modules.<br>In these case the wall elements could be considered like some&nbsp;coil springs with an very hight&nbsp;rigidity,when a car hit a wall you have a&nbsp;costraint that move the car 'outside' the wall (it's depends from rigidity).<br>So you know an elastic&nbsp;strength has a linear addiction from rigidity and a little mistake in the calculations of the collisions could generate hight forces like in this case.<br><br>sorry for my english

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%