What the hell is wrong with multiplayer?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
The other day i wanted to go and drive with some of my friends.
After we all got set up we wanted to set up a server.
Once the server was made everyone could see it but no one could join in.

It always said Join Timed Out.
The hell??

The when decided to go join a existing server.

No one was playing. Literally no one. Zero, 0!
Some many people are active in these forums. But hardly any of them are doing multiplayer.
(please don't start about the RD Races i know they exist.)
There are even more people online on Stock Car Extreme.!

But the fact that we can't make a room for ourselfs makes me mad.

Ah, so are you using the AMS dedicated server tool on your own PC? Because that only really works if you're using a dedicated server that's separate from the PC that you're playing the game on.

Ah righto, sorry I misunderstood you. Umm I'm afraid I can't really be much help on this issue as we only use the Dedicated variety with the RD clubs, so my knowledge on the temporary server is virtually nil.

Sorry mate.

Can anyone else help?

I could @ouvert But i am just so frustrated. Me and my friends don't have much free time at the same moment often. And when we do we want to race together in Automobilista.

I have still huge amounts of respect for Reiza and everyone involved.
But when you're so hyped to drive with friends and eventually can't gets frustrating.

Typical issue in all rF based sims. You have to make sure that all necessary ports are open in Windows Firewall and your router as well. Servers are visible, but the actual communication channels are blocked.

If you have real ip address on your computer then check if antivirus or firewall block network ports required for join the server. If you behind a router, then you need to setup port forwarding.

AMS use this ports 8766,27016,34597,34697,34747,49632
I had a similar problem. After configuring my router everything works fine.

Don't know exactly which of them used for TCP and which UDP so I forwarded them for both protocols.
You can check game manual. It contains complete instructions how to setup your network.

Typical issue in all rF based sims. You have to make sure that all necessary ports are open in Windows Firewall and your router as well. Servers are visible, but the actual communication channels are blocked.
If you have real ip address on your computer then check if antivirus or firewall block network ports required for join the server. If you behind a router, then you need to setup port forwarding.

AMS use this ports 8766,27016,34597,34697,34747,49632
I had a similar problem. After configuring my router everything works fine.

Don't know exactly which of them used for TCP and which UDP so I forwarded them for both protocols.
You can check game manual. It contains complete instructions how to setup your network.

Ehh Yeah.... What??!

I could @ouvert But i am just so frustrated. Me and my friends don't have much free time at the same moment often. And when we do we want to race together in Automobilista.

I have still huge amounts of respect for Reiza and everyone involved.
But when you're so hyped to drive with friends and eventually can't gets frustrating.
I get it, we all want that... But since we know this is not how it will be on full release and devs are open about it i dont think this kind of polls are gonna do any good. I mean what is expected outcome of this thread? Devs know that, we know know that...
Perhaps message in ingame MP lobby about unfinished state of it and need to log via steam server browser would be helpful (perhaps it is already there, perhaps ingame lobby is working.. Haven't been online for two weeks) ..
And I'm not sure how it works at this mmnt but 2 weeks ago there was nothing preventing you to race against your friends online...

I get it, we all want that... But since we know this is not how it will be on full release and devs are open about it i dont think this kind of polls are gonna do any good. I mean what is expected outcome of this thread? Devs know that, we know know that...
Perhaps message in ingame MP lobby about unfinished state of it and need to log via stream server browser would be helpful (perhaps it is already there, perhaps ingame lobby is working.. Haven't been online for few weeks) ..
And I'm not sure how it works at this mmnt but 2 weeks ago there was nothing preventing you to race against your friends online...
The multiplayer lobby has nothing to do with it, if he does not know how to forward ports then it is never going to work, all sim games if hosted on a pc behind a firewall will require port forwarding, has nothing to do with the game itself, its a pointless poll in my opinion as the one who started it does not know the fundamentals of setting up a server. But let me add he is not alone and not everybody can do it so I am not bagging his ability just the way this thread has been put..

The multiplayer lobby has nothing to do with it, if he does not know how to forward ports then it is never going to work, all sim games if hosted on a pc behind a firewall will require port forwarding, has nothing to do with the game itself, its a pointless poll in my opinion as the one who started it does not know the fundamentals of setting up a server. But let me add he is not alone and not everybody can do it so I am not bagging his ability just the way this thread has been put..
well there was an issue that people were not aware they need to use steam server browser .. port forwarding is issue if you use sw that is blocking them (as you said) and that is not on Reiza, that is on players (as you said) ..

check your manual .. you`ll fine IP adress, put it into your web browser, login, and there you have admin tools for your router ... IP is usualy 192.168.X.X and default login is in manual too, usualy admin/airlive (for Airlive routers) admin/admin for others .... just look in manual/google or post you router model

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%