What the devil is up with delta in hud?

Not sure if this is a common problem (I'm guessing not since I can't find anything similar after searching here and s397), but the delta time in my hud acts strangely. It requires two valid laps to be completed, where the second lap is faster than the first, before it starts working properly.

If I don't do that (don't go quicker than the first lap) then the delta only works for about 1 second after crossing the line and then it jumps to -9.999. Most peculiar! Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what it's supposed to show...

Anyone have similar? New install but I had it on the last one too.

Cheers!

Yep, it is broken since it was introduced with Dx11. #JustAnrF2thing... There are no bugs in rF2, it's a feature. You must improve in your second timed lap, then it's all good; you found how it works. So it's not only you, it is a very common problem; but we have to live with it. Again something that should be fixed with the new UI... in this century or the next ones...:)

Well, it seems the rF2 code is such a mess that it's probably not a 5 mn job unfortunately. I was like you until someone reported the engine mapping is different in the garage and in the car: one is going from 0 to 5, the other from 1 to 6. It can be confusing... Marcel acknowledged it but also stated that fixing it was not as simple as changing a single number...:cautious:

Hopefully the work under the hood for the new UI will sort this out and make those fixes simpler. Like for example the time left which is broken in race but that you can have it if you cycle through the hud... There are so many examples like these. rF2 would really need that the devs spend a bit of time fixing all those issues that are not deal breakers but are simply just annoying!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back