What setting for the G25 in RACE?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Hi all,

I just got mine today and i tried it out in RACE. The G25 is amazing: it steers light and precize but a bit too light if you ask me! What settings do you use with your G25? The default settings in the game or do you tweak them a bit?

First i used 100 0 0 in profiler but you miss a lot of forces then.

Now i use 100 100 100 and centre spring 5 %.

In race i use G25 simbin settings, there are 2 g25 presets.

I use max force there as i noticed forces can only be tweaked with profiler, moving the slider in game doesnt make it weaker.

At first i also thought it is too light, and started to adjust forces highe, but 2 thing happened:
- after 2 hours i was hardly feeling my hands lol
- at max force setting there were strange effects in the straight, with centered wheel

Now i am back to stock setting, everything to 100%, also in game G25 default setup. It gives still the best and smoothest control for me.

• FOG-Racecarmike

Here Stiggy

Hey Stiggy!

Go here.

Tankster is referring to rFactor but it is the same in all racing simulations.

Hope this helps.

Just try my settings you will love it, if you don't use the damper settings you loose a few forces, if you turn in yhere comes a moment your wheel is without forces. On that point it's hard to control te car if you get oversteer.

With the damper settings enabled you can cantrol te oversteer and it's also better if you want to drift.

what do you mean with damper settings on the wheel??

i have some difficulties controlling the g25... on monza for instance, when i watch the replays, my brakelights are on all the time?

do you guys use the standard ff for G25 or the ff for simbin's g25 (wich is more powerfull)

TheStig[RPM said:
]
i have some difficulties controlling the g25... on monza for instance, when i watch the replays, my brakelights are on all the time?

Check out the deadzones for brake, accelerator and steering, set them to few %

It will help, just check it out frequently, because i realized that they are disadjusting by themself, strange..... I set them to 2% for example, and next time i go there to check they are sometimes at 0%, sometimes 4%... i have a ghost in my PC....??????

I found it out in the handling of the car that they are disadjusted, car was behaving much different, brakes lock up, rear going out during braking when previuously not....

So it seems i need to check it frequently.

Steering sensitivity i have on zero, because it's more precise.

I think i have brake on 60%, Accelerator on 70%.
All deadzones are 0%.

I use simbin settings because i liked them more.

For the rest All 100% in profiler.

Enable centre spring yes.

Centre spring on 5%.

Then you use all forces, if they are too weak set the overal settings in profiler above 100%.

In game i have set stenght at 90% but i noticed this slider doesn't work at all. Only the profiler strenght slider works.

If you adjust the profiler settings be sure to restart Race.

It is also possible to use the GTR2 forces, which are great too. Pick up the GTR2 plr file, backup the Race plr file and rename the GTR2 plr file to your Race plr file.

The file will be encrypt after you start Race but you have the GTR2 settings then.

But if you adjust any settings in Race, your GTR2 settings are gone. So if you use plr settings don't adjust settings in Race.

Always use no combined pedals.

If you select combined pedals both pedals are on one axe. So accelerate is one way and brake is the other way.

In this case you can never accelerate and brake ate the same time, and this is what you want if you use heel and toe.

So no combined axes, it's also more realistic.

wakuwaku said:
If you select combined pedals both pedals are on one axe. So accelerate is one way and brake is the other way.

In this case you can never accelerate and brake ate the same time, and this is what you want if you use heel and toe.

Thats true, never use combined pedals, it is essential for fast laps that during cornering you use accelerator and brake parallel.
Also when u not heel/toe.... lol

wakuwaku said:
Always use no combined pedals.

So no combined axes, it's also more realistic.

I use low-tech material, i.e. saitek r440, but this is essential. Especially with RACE I would not know how to keep car on track with only one axe.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%