What seat??

Hi All,
Newbie here and like some of the others I read on the form, I am either all in or not in at all as far as equipment.
Order is placed for sim lab P1-X
In the shopping cart I have a few things from Fanatec leading with the DD1 platform and F1 wheel.
The issue is that Sim Lab does not ship seats to the USA....so I need to find a seat.
Any suggestions on a seat?
I am 192cm/125kg or 6'3"/260 in us metrics.
I am not looking for a very high end seat
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Paolo

I did some research down this road. Corbeau (https://corbeau.com) and NRG (http://www.getnrg.com) were on my list as more cost effective options.

I was close to going with an NRG bucket as it was a fair bit less in both price and can be found with free shipping, but after a disappointing pre-sales experience with the reseller I opted not to proceed.

In the end, I went with the RS9 from GT Omega. It was $260 shipped/all in, reclines and includes the slider. It's both comfortable and sturdy. Super happy with it. It is bottom mount, so that needs to be planned for re: mounting. Sim-Lab can advise re: bottom mount seats as the Sparco R100 is not uncommon, but can sit a bit lower than a bucket on brackets. Possibly some taller profile to raise the seat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As i stated in the "show your cockpit" thread i wouldn´t go to "racy" with the seat.

A comfortable, reclineable seat with clothcovering would allow for longer periods of concentrated driving.

You don´t need extreme side bolstering and 6point harnesses for a simrig without motion.

And when the simracing bug bites you you will spend quite a lot of time almost motionless in this seat.
So it better should be anotomically correct and breathable.
I myself don´t move much when simming but can sweat heavily non the less.
So areal or faux leather seat can get gross real quick.

Some ( good ) drivers I know get out of their rig after racing with a soaked shirt at the back.

So when you can get a (used) ventilated seat from a nice car go for it, it only takes a small power supply to operate seat adjustments and ventilation.
( and no, not selling my old recaro :cool:)

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
The best advice I can give is to look for a showroom that you can go to. I've ended up trying a few over time and having a range infront of you and able to try out makes it a lot easier to find one that fits both your body shape and the kind of position you like to sit in. For example I used to get horrible leg numbness with my old seat which is a base model of one used in the BTCC. After trying several at a showroom I was able to fine one that I can happily sit in for much longer periods of time now.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years