RaceDepartment Store

Would you rather have:

• Alien speed in online races

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Super expensive high-end hardware

Votes: 114 65.5%

Upcoming Events

AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP R3E events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events Join TCR Virtual today!

What racing gear do you use while sim racing?

What racing gear do you use while sim racing?

• Gloves

Votes: 392 20.6%
  • Boots

Votes: 77 4.1%
  • Gloves + Boots

Votes: 183 9.6%
  • None

Votes: 1,248 65.7%

• Total voters

BP

Premium
When you say "boots" do you mean actual racing boots, or any kind of hard shoes (basically anything short of slippers, socks or bare feet)? I wear sold old shoes with a thin sole and Abruzzi short gloves (all my wheels are Suede/Alcantara), so I voted Gloves + Boots.

Maybe saying shoes would clarify things?

ltnordb

Premium
I use mtb gloves and some airy thin soled shoes. So gloves and boots, but not "racing gear" so what should I vote?

Some cheap 12€ mountainbiking gloves, helps with grip and keeps the suede alive for longer :)
Exactly. Got mine for the same price as well. My hands are too sweaty and without gloves I have the old ass suede all over my hands within 10 minutes (G25)

Got a rubber wheel (T300RS) so no gloves. I wear sneakers though, especially as I use a brake pedal mod (not the conical one, but squash ball under it instead) and for heel-toe the pedal face edge would hurt my foot.

Redvaliant

Premium
Puma Redon or Puma Drift kat shoes; cycle gloves fingerless, and light-weight MTB gloves, the ones with very little padding on the palms.

Chris Down

Premium
I use cycling gloves because I found it's more comfortable for 3-4 hour endurance stints even with the T300, and eventually just ended up using them all the time.

Last edited:
mechanix fastfit gloves with the thumb and first finger cut out for button presses and thin soled Nike running shoes

Last edited:
Obviously no right or wrong answers to the survey. For me, I like wearing karting gloves and shoes. The keys for me was getting them to fit perfectly. They are extremely comfortable. The grip and feel on the wheel just feels right for me. Also, the stability on the pedals and force that can be applied to load cell feels much better that socks. Driving without the gloves or shoes does not feel right for me now.

JamieG

OTCR_Simracing
Premium
MTB gloves to be able to type with free finger tips.
Racing shoes for me with the load cell pedals. Much easier to apply higher force, better modulation and no more pain during endurances ;-)

gloves and shoes. shoes is important as i experienced, i cant feel the brake with socks.

in the end, vr is equal to helmet, so gloves and shoes makes it realistic.

MTB gloves and socks for me.
Since upgrading to a DD back in January 2018, gloves have become mandatory.
The gloves are like 15 years old, and still do serve dual use for mountainbiking and simracing

atomed

Inigo de la Fuente
Premium
None, only the absolutely necessary, the top model holding the umbrella before race start.