What race settings do you use ?

Hey guys :)
Just wondering if you guys could post some of your race settings that you use for a competitive race...
So far my settings are....
AI - 103%
Aggressiveness - Medium
Damage - 90%
Race duration 30 - 45 min
1x test
1x qual
1x warmup

But with these settings the ai seem to be well a little crazy... Sudden braking.. Its like the AI brake way to late then have to hit the anchors to make the corner.. And then when you get passed i seemed to get run over nearly all the time.. And am pretty much junk after 3 -4 laps cause of suicidal AI acting like i am not even on track..
There is even instances where you go to pass them in a corner and they just stick to the racing line.. If it crosses your path while passing so be it they just door slam ya in the grass and drive on by or i get slammed up the rear..

AI - 105
aggression - medium
damage - default (50?)
race - depends 20-45 min
1xpractice, 1xqually

last patch or two improved it for me a lot ... specialy in terms of AI letting player racing space, didn`t have too much time to test though ... there is a chance I`ll order myself home office due the bad weather today so testing is what I`ll be doing :)

I usually turn the damage down a bit just because it is frustrating to have your race ruined when it isn't your fault and I am simracing for fun so the less frustration the better. I actually find that AI pretty good really but it is a bit car dependent. For some cars the AI are a bit fast-in and slow-out but it's just a matter of adjusting to that really.

As far as the AI level goes you should try to set it so you are not massively faster or slower than the AI. I usually try to set it so I am in the top 10 but not fastest and then the AI usually give a good race.

100 - 105 strength
50% damage
Medium aggression
Race lengths 15-20 minutes
Usually i just start from the back and skip qualifying :)
But you have to start a qualifying session and click "Next session" to have AI sort correctly.

It is important to stay in your limits.
If AI is too slow or too fast for you weird things will happen.
If you manage to hit the correct AI strength you should have a good time.

Racing against AI was the standard when i got serious with simracing (F1GP) so it doesn't feel any strange to me and then of course there are the ones of us who are not able to participate in leagues or generally have only limited time at hands.

But even with leagues there's the problem of not very popular content. A league running Opalas? I haven't stumbled across that once while searching for a community to race with.

Why is it silly? I get cleaner races from the AI sometimes and I only race here at RD.
Fair enough buddy. And I didn't mean it as a jab. I'm just amazed at how many people race against AI nowadays. I have raced in leagues since the 90s and racing vs AI just doesn't appeal to me at all. Also, maybe you could try racing somewhere else? Not that racing at RD is bad but maybe just not the right fit for you. I mean no disrespect with my words. :)

Fair enough buddy. And I didn't mean it as a jab. I'm just amazed at how many people race against AI nowadays. I have raced in leagues since the 90s and racing vs AI just doesn't appeal to me at all. Also, maybe you could try racing somewhere else? Not that racing at RD is bad but maybe just not the right fit for you. I mean no disrespect with my words. :)

What leagues did you race in in the 90's? The internet really didn't allow online race simming until about 2000 at best. What sim did you use back then?

The racing here at RD is probably some of the best and cleanest you will find, but as non member you will never know. Now I'll ask again, why is it silly to have races against the AI?

Last edited:
Hey buddy. Yeah we raced Indycar Racing II leagues in 1996 until like 1999. We ran offline races and sent in results. And we also ran 1:1 connecting directly through modem play. :) Then we raced NASCAR Racing 3 online for several years. Ohh the good ol days! haha.

AI racing just doesn't appeal to me after racing online for so many years now. And I am not knocking the league here, I just suggested maybe its not the right fit is all. We have amazing races every week in our league and I am sure there are many others out there. Again, no disrespect. ;)

Hey buddy. Yeah we raced Indycar Racing II leagues in 1996 until like 1999. We ran offline races and sent in results. And we also ran 1:1 connecting directly through modem play. :) Then we raced NASCAR Racing 3 online for several years. Ohh the good ol days! haha.

AI racing just doesn't appeal to me after racing online for so many years now. And I am not knocking the league here, I just suggested maybe its not the right fit is all. We have amazing races every week in our league and I am sure there are many others out there. Again, no disrespect. ;)
Cool. But sending in (real) results in an old game like Indycar Racing 2 is hardly better than racing the AI. In fact Indycar Racing 2 had fantastic AI, not quite on Par with Geoff Crammonds master pieces. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%