What PC is running your sim

Was wondering what you guys are using to power your Sims.
As I am in the process of building a new PC for my Sim, personally decided to go AMD this time after quite some time with Intel.
I have all my parts except the GFX and CPU as I'm waiting for either 3080 stock or the news that the new AMD cards are kick ass, and obviously my CPU hasn't been released yet.

My friend who had the same 2080 as I currently have, managed to secure a 3080 Gigabyte OC, and he's now getting around 40 fps more than me with his ryzen 3900X in ACC when before when we had the same GFX but Im on a 9900K I could get around 6-7 FPS more, so I'm quite excited about my new PC to be.

As I'm patiently waiting for my next parts, it made me think wonder what other sim racers used to power their sims, and with so many people using triples also I wonder what sort of GFX settings and FPS you guys can achieve.

I hope this makes sense as I may have one or too many glasses of Rum.

I have triple 1440 Dell S3220DGF displays. I have an RTX2070 and I currently get 28 fps with ACC set at "Epic" video setting with a full grid at the start of a race at Bathhurst. Based on the information available on the RTX3080, I am expecting a 109% fps improvement that would give me around 60 fps. This should be very nice. I would love to see 100 fps but I don't see that happening with "Epic" settings.

This is computer: BillyBobSenna's Computer

I have all my parts except the GFX and CPU as I'm waiting for either 3080 stock or the news that the new AMD cards are kick ass, and obviously my CPU hasn't been released yet.
AMD said at the press conference for the release of their new cards that you should see a performance boost if you match an AMD CPU with one of their GPUs. Might be worth considering.

I think it all depends on what screen your using. If your playing at 1080p then you don't need a lot of performance. It's only when you introduce triples, 4K or VR that things get really demanding and you have to start looking at the top end cards.

I have an i7 8086K running at 5ghz (although, my overclock was just pressing the overclock button in the gigabyte software, I have to go back and do it properly, I think I should be able to get 5.1ghz. I'm currently running a 2070 super and 32gb ram. I can run medium settings in ACC with the oculus rift CV and get mostly 90fps.

I have a 3080 and a HP G2 on order. I'd be willing to stay at medium settings if I can run the higher resolution.

3080 / Ryzen 7 3700x / Lg Oled C9 55 inch

Mostly play iracing in HDR with everything maxed out. 115 to 170 FPS during game play 4K 120Hz

After using an Alienware Aurora R7 i7-8700K and GTX 1080Ti since new,
it began blue screening with thermal issues, curing me of tolerance for liquid cooled PCs.
A DIY air-cooled i5-13600K and RTX 4090 in Antec DP502 case replaces it,
with rationales, references and build procedures here.
Bottleneck.gif

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back