What other cars would you like to see in Iracing?

After the F1 car comes out, I was wondering what other series cars they would add to the game.
I personally would like to see the LMP car next. Then they can combine that with the C6R for some enduro events once in awhile.

83739-22.jpg

31.jpg

inside_media.php

0010029.jpg

outrun-2006-coast-2-coast-20060515014418490.jpg

Gimmie those and I'd buy a 10 year sub :)

It may have been EA, I remember a long time ago they had an agreement with Porsche but only last year Forza 3 was released with a dozen or more Porsche's including both standard and racing versions of the 911 among other models such as the Boxster and 944. Maybe Microsoft now have an exclusive agreement but I wonder how far iRacing have looked into it, sometimes I wonder if its easier to mention license issues and let people think its because another company has an exclusive deal than to say Porsche wanted too much money for the license and perhaps look a little cheap.

Porsche and Ferrari are difficult to license. Simbin have the same issues. It is a shame because I'd like to see some old cars and the absence of Porsche and Ferrari does eliminate some obvious candidates such as Ferrari 250 GTO and Porsche 917.

Still there are quite a few options left. Shelby Cobra anyone? Throw in a lightweight E-Type and a C2 Corvette to provide some competition.

I love the old touring cars too - how about Lotus Cortinas and Alfa GTAs from the early TRANSAM series, or the over 2 litre classics like Mustangs and Camaros?

Then there are 60s F1 cars. Who would believe that the first developer to release a 60s F1 car after GPL would be ISI! (The 1968 Matra MS10 in rF2) Dave K has forgotten his roots :)

The only problem is that there aren't really enough road racers in the membership to keep throwing new cars at the road side. They need to find a way to release cars into existing series' so they don't dilute the participation.

this + what iRacing is doing wrong IMO is that you have to "buy" both cars in order to participate multiclass races, this is just wrong because if nothing else this is not representing reality, there is enough series already and not enough racers, it is ok in skip&mustang&sm series but others are...well half empty, with multiclass racing they "saved" riley and radical already (again IMO), they should save jetta with miata very soon but in a way that users dont have to buy jetta if they are driving miata in multiclass jetta+miata races :confused:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%