What languages do you speak?

First Language: Afrikaans - 2nd language: English... Would really like to know if there are any others here who know Afrikaans :D

Not many, but if you relax the requirements to dutch, several.

I speak Spanish and English. I can partially understand an perpetrate basic sentences in German and Dutch (or maybe more, considering that ordering a beer seems to qualify for basic Spanish :rolleyes: , deciphering the friggin Dutch tax declaration has to put me somewhere higher).

And I can read what the guys are writing in French, Portuguese as well, but if they start talking it becomes a blur, nor I am able to put a sentence together.

Stuff that apparently I cannot make a post with - weird

Haha... Dutch and Afrikaans is not so similar that you can mention them as the same language. :D When I hear Dutch, I don't understand what more than half of the words mean.

But yes, I can understand Dutch and German better than say, Chinese or Japanese :sneaky:

Spanish - some words yes, but not a lot either.

Obviously my native language is English but I also know quite a bit of Irish and French. I really do hope I can become fluent in a couple of languages in the future. 2 or 3 years ago I also learned a bit of Russian. I spent about 3 months over the summer learning the alphabet and grammer. Its very very hard by the way :) but nevertheless I still enjoyed the challenge. I dont know about you but I have always been facinated by languages.

Here is a video I found of some guy who can speak 11 languages fluently. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17107435

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years