What kind of head sets do you guys use while racing online?

I had a set of Razor Piranha's, they sounded great but after a while i started hearing my microphone shorting out, then last night it died. I tried to fix my razor microphone but when i took it apart but i couldn't see what was causing the issue..It was about 9:00pm when it died and i had a race scheduled for 10pm. I jumped in my truck and ran over to Comp USA and picked up a set of Tritton ax 51 pro's, with 5.1 sound and i must say for $90.00 they are pretty impressive.. They use an inline controller that allows you to tune the levels of your all channels....rear,front, center and subwoofer, so you can get the sound you want. What i really like about the new set is its detachable microphone...here is a pic:

Anolog headphones only since I use a Buttkicker. A USB type like the virtual surround sound cans (Logi G35, USB Steelseries etc) will disable the sound card/enboard audio and thus rendering the bass out to the BK ineffective. I use Steelseries 7H (enclosed) and Syberia V2 (semi open) for racing. I use the sound cards' DD live (virtual) surround option to get the surround sound and still use the BK.

I do the same with my Kaves, except I wanted more control over Teamspeak so have rear channel plugged into second soundcard to run TS. Means people talking don't set off BK's either ( I have 2 wired in series, one under seat and one mounted to chequer plate under my feet) was to weird people talking and making my butt rumble. Was only solution I could come up with.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years