What kind of head sets do you guys use while racing online?

I had a set of Razor Piranha's, they sounded great but after a while i started hearing my microphone shorting out, then last night it died. I tried to fix my razor microphone but when i took it apart but i couldn't see what was causing the issue..It was about 9:00pm when it died and i had a race scheduled for 10pm. I jumped in my truck and ran over to Comp USA and picked up a set of Tritton ax 51 pro's, with 5.1 sound and i must say for $90.00 they are pretty impressive.. They use an inline controller that allows you to tune the levels of your all channels....rear,front, center and subwoofer, so you can get the sound you want. What i really like about the new set is its detachable microphone...here is a pic:

I use the Sony MDR-V150. They are actualy very old but they still have one of the best sounds you can find. (they are from the 80's)
3378.jpeg

Upvote 0
Plantronics Gamecom
Gets great ratings by gamers and is cheap for what you get. They're comfortable and the speaker sits far away from the ear, making the surround really intense, ever since I've had them no more ringing in my ears after playing for long hours. Before I had Skullcandys, and they were crap for gaming, but great for music.

Screen shot 2011-03-14 at 9.53.31 AM.png

Upvote 0
Was up to recently using some simple Sennheiser's and was always wondering why to spend lots of money for better ones, as the sound was actually pretty good.... until they broke and I invested slightly more money Sennheiser PC151...... now I know why to spend more money:
They are sooooo much more comfortable..... the sound, yes slightly better, but I would not care about that improvement.

Upvote 0
Anolog headphones only since I use a Buttkicker. A USB type like the virtual surround sound cans (Logi G35, USB Steelseries etc) will disable the sound card/enboard audio and thus rendering the bass out to the BK ineffective. I use Steelseries 7H (enclosed) and Syberia V2 (semi open) for racing. I use the sound cards' DD live (virtual) surround option to get the surround sound and still use the BK.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing