What is your favorite type of racing?

I voted for Endurance racing.
Bathurst, LeMans, the WEC-series. Multiclass racing is just a cool thing to watch and enjoy.

For the quick-fix its definitely Moto2,3 & GP for me. Real exciting racing.

Who cares about tv-ratings on a website for racing-enthusiasts ? I can understand that "normal" people are only aware of motorsport that is marketed and advertised, but then these people buy the latest non-aging skincare cream as well. :) Real interest and enthusiasm for the sport lets us celebrate even the smallest of hillbilly ridge runner race-events.

Of the options listed, I prefer watching Touring Cars for sure. Open wheel cars have no soul. Endurance racing is just hypermiling with commentators and I refuse to give GT a chance because it's ruining sim racing.

Touring cars, for the same reasons Paul mentioned. Door to door racing, accessibility, more about the drivers than the cars, just all round pure racing goodness, as it should be. :thumbsup:

For the best actual racing and not glorified pitstops or what tyre compound is going to be used I would vote for the SCCA Runoffs. Real people, real cars and REAL racing. This is what F1 racing used to be like. If you ever get the chance to watch it, its really worth seeing.

I am a bit surprised at a few responses to historic racing, which I do not disagree with as being exciting and a true pleasure to experience, but it does say something I think to the current offerings as being something less than watchable.

I love Rally above all others.

I watched the F1 series on Netflix. It was pretty interesting but consolidated the action down and covered a lot behind the scenes, but I could never sit through watching a race.

VLN 24hr Nurburgring ;)
endurance-24-hours-of-nurburgring-2016-12-manthey-racing-porsche-911-gt3-r-otto-klohs-diet.jpg

I'll watch about any form of racing and be able to appreciate it on one level or another. For me though, the only racing that is "appointment television" for me is F1.

I know, I know - it's all politics, the tracks are terrible, the drivers are spoiled rich kids, it used to be good, etc, etc. I've heard it all can certainly can appreciate where some of those criticisms come from, but I'll keep watching - nothing else compares for me.

All of the above? I don't much like top rank open-wheel racing but some of the lower classes are excellent. DTM doesn't fit in any of your categories btw, it's certainly not touring cars anymore, at this point it's sports prototype but not remotely endurance like SuperGT. There's a few other lower level sprint prototype series around but not enough to be much of their own category, I guess.

Bike racing is usually amazingly entertaining, truck racing is nuts. Anything can be entertaining or terrible.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back