What is your favorite headset for Sim Racing?

I am in love with my Audeze Mobius. Best sound in its pricerange and perfect for gaming. The 7.1 positional audio is mindblowing

- Hi, if i'm correct you need to plug them via USB to get positional audio with no lag, right?
- Also, did you have a chance to try them in VR?
- Can you truly feel positional audio working in racing games (i use iRacing and ACC)?

Thanks

- Hi, if i'm correct you need to plug them via USB to get positional audio with no lag, right?
- Also, did you have a chance to try them in VR?
- Can you truly feel positional audio working in racing games (i use iRacing and ACC)?

Thanks
Hi. Thats partly correct. Voor 7.1 surround sound the USB cable must be connected. Not for stereo, and tracking also works in stereo modus. I did not try it in combination with VR, I am using tripples. The sound is positional, no matter what it is. So yes this also works during simracing.
I have to be honest though, I dont use the positioning since I doesnt do much to me and the head doesnt move all that much during simming. Can Imagine this is different in VR.

Last edited:
Beyer dt 770 Pro or dt 770 Pro M if you want more isolation at the expense of sound quality and an Antlion mod mic wireless.

I have not got the Antlion yet lol but it does sound great on you tube reviews.

That would be my bang for buck combo that could compete with many.

Last edited:
I've been using a Logitech G Pro X for 1-2yrs and am a big fan. The mic is really good on it, as is the noise cancellation. In hindsight I regret not going for the wireless version, as it's another cable to loop through the rig. But, it does mean no connection issues. I should caveat this by saying I am NOT an audiophile... but it sounds great to me.

Has anyone tried the Sennheiser HD 25 Light? I sometimes have problems to fit my Sennheiser HD 569, which are just a little too big to fit well at the same time I wear my Oculus Rift S. That's why I've thought the HD 25 could be a better option. Some years ago I tried these headphones (normal version, not the light) and I liked how sturdy they were. They are not the most comfortable in the world because they press against your ears with strenght and after hours listening to music I had headaches, but I don't think that will be a problem with my short sessions of sim-racing. The isolation, on the other hand was amazing. Would you recommend them?

• Deleted member 197115

Has anyone tried the Sennheiser HD 25 Light? I sometimes have problems to fit my Sennheiser HD 569, which are just a little too big to fit well at the same time I wear my Oculus Rift S. That's why I've thought the HD 25 could be a better option. Some years ago I tried these headphones (normal version, not the light) and I liked how sturdy they were. They are not the most comfortable in the world because they press against your ears with strenght and after hours listening to music I had headaches, but I don't think that will be a problem with my short sessions of sim-racing. The isolation, on the other hand was amazing. Would you recommend them?
Wouldn't IEMs or earbuds be a better option to go with VR headset?
And if you are allergic to anything in your ear, the other good option is KSC75.

Wouldn't IEMs or earbuds be a better option to go with VR headset?
And if you are allergic to anything in your ear, the other good option is KSC75.
Personally I've not had any problems using around ear headphones with VR headsets, as long as they're not stupidly big - AKG 701/702 and Audeze i'm looking at you here. The Astro A50 and the Steelseries Arctis gaming headsets work fine (although on the latter you need to remove the headband tensioner to make them fit), also the Sennheiser Momentums work very well as well if you don't need a mic.

IEMs would be a better choice and I do use them on my commute, but I always have the problem that one or the other will gradually work lose with head movement, and in the middle of a race or air combat situation I don't want to be having to push them back in, plus the mics on IEMs tend to be a bit crappy - good enough for phone calls but not really for gaming.

The problem with my Sennheiser HD 569 is putting them on when I already have the headset on my head. I have to move both for a while until I am able to get my headphones to cover my ears. Then I can tighten up my headset and everything is fine. I think that is the reason I have destroyed the original ear pads of these headphones after a couple of years of use.

As I am mutton Jeff, i do not need to worry about sound quality.
All I am interested in is quality of build, mic sound for when I mumble some incoherent sentence’s occasionally,, wireless ability, long battery life, and easy to use headphone buttons.
My only criticism is the head strap does a poor job of holding them on my head.

And Corsair Virtuoso SE do the job just fine for me, after many attempted headphone sets.

I am sure i prob replied to this thread at some point about my IEM's how great they are, very good in VR as I can take my VR off and they stay on. Also hey dont cover your ears so the fans work better for cooling.

Well I had to stop, I was getting a problem in one ear and I wasnt sure if it had anything to do with the IEM's so I stopped using them to be sure.

I ended up buying some sony 1000mx4's and I have to say I very much like them. They are not too large so they dont feel like they are warming me up/stopping the fans too much. They are light, fit over the G2 fine, dont seem to clamp hard but with the motion rig they dont move around.

But best of all, with motion and tactile, the active noise cancellation is great, I cant hear any rig nose at all. Biggest downside compared to the IEM's is having to take them off to take off my headset if I am in voice chat but its worth it.

My random 2 cents:
I got myself some custom IEM since any normal IEM hurts after about 20 minutes.
But I wanted to use IEMs for when I don't want to have my headphones imprinted in my hair or sweaty ears from covering them.
And something for some casual running.

So I searched for soft custom IEMs since acrylic would probably hurt after a while like everything else that touches my ears... and found a company in Germany that provides all kinds of soft custom ear things.
Like silicone in-ear pieces for hearing aids, custom hearing protection etc.
They have a cooperation with ACS for the German market.

Anyway, I got the basic evoke model and I love them. The highs are slightly rounded off, which I absolutely like since most headphones and IEMs have too harsh highs for my taste.
The bass is there, but not pumping. Kinda neutral and warm without anything missing.
Spatial awareness, if the stereo audio is well made is absolutely awesome! Extreme clarity in the mids.

Putting them in was a wild experience the first 10 times.
Getting them out is even wilder! :roflmao:

You have to get used to feeling like putting a balloon into your ear and then pump it up to some "+10% ear-volume".
You get a teaser for it when getting the ear moulds done. I'd say the ear moulds were feeling like expanding my ears 2x as much as the actual IEMs.
The moulding + scanning did only cost about 25€ so if you want to check if you could stand the feeling, do these first.

At first I was like "oh wtf, they will hurt within the next minute!
But they sit just perfect, dont hurt at all even after 6 hours and isolate extremely well.
Only thing I really can't recommend is eating with them in. Too much side movement will let air in/out and lead to air-popping in your ear.

For me, the 399€ were absolutely worth it. Sadly I can't let anyone have a listen and convince them. I'm wondering how they even fit into my own ears every time :laugh:

I can really recommend them if someone struggles with hurting ears from basically any headphone, ear buds or IEMs.
signal-2022-04-04-19-00-29-911-01.jpeg
signal-2022-04-04-18-56-01-989.jpg

Last edited:
If you want a great pair of headphones for sim racing or to use for music, the Massdrop X Sennheiser HDXX are a steal at $199. These are essentially HD 650's ($550) for a lot less. We have a ton of these are work and they are really nice. The low frequency performance is unreal.

• Deleted member 197115

If you are staying on universal IEMs, I highly recommend these tips, and I've researched and tried a bunch of them. These do work wonders.
AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal
On DUNU SA6 (one of the best in $500 price range IEMs, btw)
20220624_092841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like that kind of in-ear headphores for several reasons: not hygienic, bad for my hearing health, hard to put them in, or even impossible in my case, as I have a wart in the external auditory canal of my left ear.

• Deleted member 197115

I don't like that kind of in-ear headphores for several reasons: not hygienic, bad for my hearing health, hard to put them in, or even impossible in my case, as I have a wart in the external auditory canal of my left ear.
The only real thing from that list is your wart. :) (sorry)

Check earbuds that do not go inside ear canal, the very good choice is Smabat ST10S (the gold one that is more expensive has higher impedance (harder to drive) but sound better) or on ears clip ons, I've already mentioned KSC75, cheap as peanuts, but you'll be surprised by how great they sound, they are actually open design, not sure if slight sound leak is a concern for you, but that attributes to unusually large for that headphones size soundstage.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a great pair of headphones for sim racing or to use for music, the Massdrop X Sennheiser HDXX are a steal at $199. These are essentially HD 650's ($550) for a lot less. We have a ton of these are work and they are really nice. The low frequency performance is unreal.
Have actually been looking at these today as a dedicated set of cans to not be too worried about, and just keep hung at my sim rig.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%