What is your biggest driving "sin?"

I have two (at least) racing bad habits that I struggle with constantly, and I'm interested in what demons other drivers battle. These are the things that cause you to say, "I can't believe I did that AGAIN!"

For me, my two sins are turning in early and staying in my lane. I attribute the turning in too early to being ugly, fat, old and used up and my reflexes aren't anywhere near as good as they were decades ago. So I get anxious and turn in early. Blind corners are real trouble for me because of this. The "staying in my lane" thing is a result of driving on the street for nearly 50 years. I find that instead of "straightening out" a corner and using all of the track, I'll drive it as though it were a two-lane highway and you have to stay in the right lane (in civilized countries where we drive in the right lane).

I have two (at least) racing bad habits that I struggle with constantly, and I'm interested in what demons other dogs battle with.

My dog struggles with concentration too. If he see's a rabbit or a cat it's "hell" as he just goes off after them, ploughing through barriers and other cars and forgetting the race completely. He's happy just getting a bone at the end of the race to be honest. He's certainly not bothered about winning a race. :)
19b5c457e030bcb60ada06487bb67700_zpsxykizvpo.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Waiting to get drivers, and after the race starts and most of the small field crashes or two new people join on race session (thus being spectators), offering a restart. People crash again and abandon anyway.

Or when previously partaking in certain leagues that I wasn't very interested, learning the track on qualifying (without a setup), and starting way at the back and having to sift through the midfield dangers, until getting behind the front runners. If I have not been taken out by someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the obvious concentration problems with being over 50 I am pretty terrible at the "airfield" tracks like Mendig in AMS or the Top Gear test track. I just can't follow the same line on these tracks from one lap to the next. I definitely wont be the new Stig.

After many laps I start having trouble with sense of speed and judging my speed into the corners. I'm not sure if it's due to looking at the screen for a long period of time. I can still drive reasonably well but actually need to focus more because I can't rely as heavily on raw feel.

Here comes my two biggest:
1.) Being overly cautious - Not trusting most of the field besides those that I shared good battles with in the past, I tend to leave too much space even when I shouldn't, expecting that I get divebombed or pushed of the line otherwise. Healthy, but not too effective habit when you're in competitive racing. :cautious:
2.) In EVERY freakin' race I tend to make one big mistake or be on the suffering side of a racing incident. This follows me like a curse... :speechless:

If Im leading (rarely) in a race, or in a part with no one ahead of me, I tend to get slower and more cautious, doesnt happen in a long practice or qualify, just race, I tend to get faster if chasing someone.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back