What is wrong with these people?

Hi,
I've just started online racing for the first time, and I'm hugely disappointed.

I found a server from Rennsimulaten with a quali + race session. I joined the quali and managed to end 3rd. Then the race starts. It's the first lap. The 1st and 2nd racers are already pulling away from me, but i'm also pulling away from the rest, so I have no one around me. I reach the corckscrew and I get a message saying something like "Warning, you cannot stop here or you'll be penalized". What the heck? I'm not too fast but how can it think I'm stopping in the middle of the corckscrew? I continue driving and several seconds later the screen turns red with a message saying someone voted to kick me out of the server. 5 secs later I'm kicked out. I feel outraged but decide to give it a try once more.
I join start it all over again, this time qualifying 1st. The race starts and I'm significantly faster than the other players, who are crashing constantly with each other. I reach again the corckscrew in 1st position driving completely alone. Again the same message stating "you cannot stop here" and several seconds later I'm kicked out of the race.

What is happening here? Who is taking the decision first to warn me about not stopping (i feel insulted, I'm not that slow!!! lol) and then kicking me out? Is this automated or is there any sort of moderator or referee watching the race? If that's so, what am I doing wrong?

I'll try other servers then. Now that I think of it, on some races I got a warning message stating something like " your laptimes do not match the server. Check CPU". Don't know if this might be related and what it means.

Aside from that, do these servers with warning messages and penalizations have a life admin or referee controlling the race?

warning message stating something like " your laptimes do not match the server. Check CPU"
This dimly rings a bell - I think that some machines have had problems in the past with timing issues (overclock-related perhaps) but I can't recall details.
Aside from that, do these servers with warning messages and penalizations have a life admin or referee controlling the race?
Probably not, but it's not totally unheard of to have a real admin keeping an eye on things.

Tried open server's for some months before discovering race department online club server, still struggle with the aftermath of that
two months, still always expecting to be punted off, rammed off, still start to freeze when in a group of cars.
Worst decision I made, stay away from open servers that are not policed, then they will be usually password only.
I have a list as long as my arm on the sort of thing people do to beat you. some people are just plain weird.:O_o:

I had a look at Rennsimulaten website ... and I saw that, if it's not changed, servers should be under "Kiss My Rank".

Shouldn't it be a bad setting in this server app which should create the problem you mentioned here ?
I never join public servers ( moreover without password ) ... but I feel that's not a personal fact against your driving, not even someone there as server admin who should moreover write the messages you saw appear on your screen .... but well something automatically showing with a server app.
As those messages seem not to be revelant in your case .... it might be a simple mistake in server app settings or a bug in this app.

The only way for you to know what this meant ... is ask there. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back