F1 2012 What is this?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Constant DC in online races, even though my internet speeds are the same as most of the people in my league. Had a problem last week where the game constantly crashed to desktop. Did a complete re-install and now my game is completely stuffed! My profiles got wiped because they are "corrupt", I lose FFB whilst driving, my wheel decides to do its own thing while i'm driving, my settings don't save. Is anyone else experiencing ANY of these problems? Feels like a waste of money now.

There is a number of things worth checking or doing, with so many problems. As you have not given any system details, we can only generalise

Updating of video drivers which might help the CTD's

Ensuring you have the correct ports open for Steam to operate successfully :-

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

I would add TCP Port 443. as it's common for other games too.

If you do need to forward ports, and don't know how to do it, then visit here :-

http://portforward.com/

Select your make and model of router/modem, then your game from the list, and you will be informed of the step by step procedures to port forward. BTW if you already know the ports, and your game isn't listed, then just pick any game, and just follow the procedure and substitute the ports that you do know for the ones given.

In Steam > Right Click on F1 2012 & select properties > Update Tab > Ensure Automatic Updates are enabled - Also in the same tab deselect the Steam Cloud option (it's not particularly profile friendly)

In Steam > Right Click on F1 2012 & select Properties > Local Files > Select 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' - This will check the game for corrupted, missing, and modified files. It will automatically download any required files, and leave you with a standard fully patched game

Preserving your F1 2012 profile(s) :-

Manual Backup - Make a back up of this Steam folder : YourSteamInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*******\208500 - (******* = Your personal Steam ID)

Automatic or Manual - Use Game-Save Manager 3 :-

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

This program is compatible with F1 2012 and many other games. You can make backups either manually with a few clicks, or have the software make the backups automatically on a schedule. I use the auto schedule every day to save my game settings/saves/profiles to my Skydrive folder and therefore into cloud storage.

Not sure about FFB issues. I use a Logitech G27 wheel. The only times I have occasionally lost FFB is after I have tabbed out of the game to desktop, then back into the game again. The only other FFB issue I have, is random heavy wheel 'kicks' on long straights, like you've just run over a rock/stone.

That's about all I can think of at the moment ....... :)

I use a G27 as well, usually I can get FFB back if i unplug my wheel and then plug it in again whilst doing the alt+tab thing. I have already Verified Integrity and it was fine, I'm just going to make a new profile and start again. Only really wierd thing for me was that my wheel wanted to rotate the full 900 instead of just 200 degree's thats set in my profiler.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%