• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

What is this little box above my throttle bar?

celix

75RPM
Sep 25, 2010
Hi guys, I am pretty new in Assetto Corsa. I recently bought the game + dreampack dlc and I just don't know what this little box icon means above the throttle.
Please clear things up for me :) and hello @ all.

Last edited:

Si

2000RPM
Premium
Jan 4, 2009
just theory! but could it be 'kickdown' for cars with an auto transmission?

Joao Alves

500RPM
Dec 11, 2013
I could be wrong, but doesn't it show green to indicate that you have the full range of the pedal, and red if you don't?

Reactions: Si
May 4, 2014
the right side bar shows the FFB force. If it goes red, it means your FFB is 'clipping' and you are losing details. You can use this to lower your FFB settings to get the best out of it.

celix

75RPM
Sep 25, 2010
Nope, he already had full throttle once, then it stays green.
Thank you guys so much, I thought something is wrong with my game because in all videos I watched, nobody had this little indicator.
Now I know that it is clearly me, who is still too slow and nothing else :D

Danny Irving

25RPM
Aug 20, 2012
the right side bar shows the FFB force. If it goes red, it means your FFB is 'clipping' and you are losing details. You can use this to lower your FFB settings to get the best out of it.
I'm sorry but the OP asked what the little box above the throttle pedal meant. Not the FFB clipping meter. :thumbsup:

Now we know thanks to Joao.

Ricoow

Assetto Corsa Competizione Club Staff
Staff member
Premium
Nov 13, 2010
I'm sorry but the OP asked what the little box above the throttle pedal meant. Not the FFB clipping meter. :thumbsup:

Now we know thanks to Joao.
Maybe just read the entire topic ;)
Miguel answered another question which was asked later in the thread.

Brendan Little

Oibren85
Mar 9, 2012
I've never noticed the green above the throttle position. So should I see it say when leaving the pits before I use full throttle? Never seen it red either. Good to know about the right hand bar, always thought it was suspension hitting its bump stops thus the car was too stiff for the track.