What is the Raceroom equivalent of GTR2/Race07?

adamb

Premium
Being fed up with the AI and performance issues of rFactor2 and not satisfied with the dullness of R3E, I gave Race07 a try last week. It's been on my Steam library for long but only with a few hours of time. I also tried GTR2.

I play iRacing, AMS1, rF2, R3E but I was shocked by a surprisingly good experience. FFB worked well, graphics on my low-end PC are acceptable. However, I was most surprised by how GT cars drive in both titles.

I was in the impression that FWD touring cars / mid-engine GT were the core competencies of SimBin/Sector3 engine. I thought that was why GT3 cars of R3E felt dull and boring. However, GTR2 and the GT cars of Race07 are very much comparable to the oversteery feel of rFactor. They are much more enjoyable than anything in R3E.

So I wonder, why is there no equivalent in Raceroom. I have found none (not even the GT1 class). If SimBin was able to implement such good GT cars, why did they take a completely different approach with infinite grip. Also, GT cars of 2003-2010 are super cool and varied compared to the GT3 era. Currently, with AMS1 lacking content and rF2 not running well enough on my computer, Race07 and GTR2 are both very legitimate choices.

Being fed up with the AI and performance issues of rFactor2 and not satisfied with the dullness of R3E, I gave Race07 a try last week. It's been on my Steam library for long but only with a few hours of time. I also tried GTR2.

I play iRacing, AMS1, rF2, R3E but I was shocked by a surprisingly good experience. FFB worked well, graphics on my low-end PC are acceptable. However, I was most surprised by how GT cars drive in both titles.

I was in the impression that FWD touring cars / mid-engine GT were the core competencies of SimBin/Sector3 engine. I thought that was why GT3 cars of R3E felt dull and boring. However, GTR2 and the GT cars of Race07 are very much comparable to the oversteery feel of rFactor. They are much more enjoyable than anything in R3E.

So I wonder, why is there no equivalent in Raceroom. I have found none (not even the GT1 class). If SimBin was able to implement such good GT cars, why did they take a completely different approach with infinite grip. Also, GT cars of 2003-2010 are super cool and varied compared to the GT3 era. Currently, with AMS1 lacking content and rF2 not running well enough on my computer, Race07 and GTR2 are both very legitimate choices.

Have you tried Andreas' Race Remaster mod, which improves the graphics, and much else, considerably?

• Deleted member 13397

my guess is, the people behind GTR2 are not the same as behind R3E
big part of the team which developed GTL/GTR went on to become SMS

and as Race07 is just an improved (?) version of GTR2, the core technology was the same

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 365 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 507 39.0%