What is the current situation re. OSW support? - good or not so good?

Hi,

Posted this over on the R3E forum but thought I would throw it in here as well.

I've just ordered an OSW small MiGE from Sim Racing Bay and will be moving from a Fanatec CSW2.5 set up. I'm a little apprehensive as the Fanatec gear just plain works and feels absolutely fine across all sims I play. (AC, R3E & rF2)

However I'm ready for the upgrade and want to experience the benefits of a DD wheel but whilst I appreciate that the OSW, Simucube, game settings and possibly some game files will require some setting up and tweaking, I keep reading that R3E isn't really that great an experience with an OSW, for one reason or another, with lack of 'road feel' being the one that comes up more frequently than others.

So I've a few questions please.

1. Are my concerns justified or has the experience improved of late?

2. If these shortcomings do exist, has anyone overcome them using Simucube and / or in-game settings?

3. If issues still remain after tweaking, is my R3E experience with an OSW still likely to be better than what I'm feeling with the Fanatec?

Appreciate that a lot of this is subjective as what feels right to one doesn't always feel right for someone else. However I would appreciate the general view so that I can temper my expectations if needs be and maybe focus on the other sims, which if you believe what you read, appear to offer a better OSW experience.

Many thanks!

Thanks for posting those! I like your previous settings except I turned the in-game curb feel, slip etc all to zero as it didn't feel good to me. I'll give these new ones a go here shortly.

Noticed you have SimuCUBE at 600 degrees instead of 900. I've always used 900 but I have to go into steering settings on each car and turn the steering lock up as far as it will go. Guess running SimuCUBE at 600 prevents that? Also do you leave the FFB multiplier at default or turn it down?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back