What is the current progress of the sim?

Ryan Vickery
I think most of use praise the likes of rfator1/2 NKP and GSC as its a sim that you can loose a day on, a sim that you can feel comfortable with for hours on end.
I like to change everything in the car setups, tire pressure, camber the lot. So I can end up spending hours just on one track trying different things.

I have tried all the other games too and they can only keep me interested for an hour at the most (some not even 5 minutes).
:thumbsup:

I can lose a day on any of those sims, including SRW which has taken many days. I was so blown away with the Lancia Stratos that I litterally did spend a day driving it on different tracks, won the hotlap event with it too. The Lancia Stratos in Sim Raceway is as close to perfect as it could possibly get on the Rfactor 1 engine and is one of my all time favourite sim cars.

I'm not saying I think those are bad, I'm a massive fan of Rfactor 1/2 and especially NetKar, GSC is relatively new to me but I also think it is fantastic and before I bought it spent an evening just driving the stock car around in the demo version of the game (30 day with a few cars and 2 tracks).

But I'm sticking up for the guys at SRW because I think they have done an amazing job with their car models, their tracks are also fantasticly well done. They are still in beta and if they keep up with their current rate of progress the title is going to be an amazing sim that all of us should be embracing. Their biggest weakness is that 1st car you get to drive is a dog, it isn't in any way impressive or inspiring and doesn't handle how you would expect.

If we're going for realism then I think GT5 tops them all in lighting and in how the cars look in replays. While the GT5 graphics, texture res and clarity certaintly are not anywhere close to what you see in the videos above, it does look the most realistic in screenshots due to the great job they did with realistic lighting.

Back to Project Cars, how you set the graphics determines how it looks, I feel you chose wisely in using a video that would sway an opinion in the way of RF2. But for those who like the "movie theatre" style look of a game your PCars video looks considerbly better.

I agree with that. GT5 is still the best looking game in replays and screenshots IMO with the most convincing lighting.

The pCARS video is not mine, i can not stand the game. But i had to approve the video earlier when it was put forward for the site by a member, so had to watch it. It just made me howl with laughter at how silly it looked and then came on here and see people hyping pCARS.

Don't see the problem of using a user made track in my video, we are talking lighting here, not track textures, models or anything, just lighting. I don't think we will agree here, personally i think SMS are great at car models, everything else is like being part of some other world including their physics. The car in that pCARS video looks like it's made of tinfoil.

I can lose a day on any of those sims, including SRW which has taken many days. I was so blown away with the Lancia Stratos that I litterally did spend a day driving it on different tracks, won the hotlap event with it too. The Lancia Stratos in Sim Raceway is as close to perfect as it could possibly get on the Rfactor 1 engine and is one of my all time favourite sim cars.

I'm not saying I think those are bad, I'm a massive fan of Rfactor 1/2 and especially NetKar, GSC is relatively new to me but I also think it is fantastic and before I bought it spent an evening just driving the stock car around in the demo version of the game (30 day with a few cars and 2 tracks).

But I'm sticking up for the guys at SRW because I think they have done an amazing job with their car models, their tracks are also fantasticly well done. They are still in beta and if they keep up with their current rate of progress the title is going to be an amazing sim that all of us should be embracing. Their biggest weakness is that 1st car you get to drive is a dog, it isn't in any way impressive or inspiring and doesn't handle how you would expect.

I understand what your saying mate and respect your opinion :thumbsup:
I agree that I think they do need to change the 1st car to something that would attract more users.

Then came Game Stock Car, with almost holy grail levels of hype from a few (mostly this website) I went in with very high expectations. My thoughts were that it was really good but I was disapointed, it is definitely overhyped .

More like underhyped, especially with 2012 update.
The Camaro is one of the best sim cars ever made, I don't think that can be disputed, it also has very convincing V8 sounds, and obviously works beautifully with a G27.

I agree with that. GT5 is still the best looking game in replays and screenshots IMO with the most convincing lighting.

The pCARS video is not mine, i can not stand the game. But i had to approve the video earlier when it was put forward for the site by a member, so had to watch it. It just made me howl with laughter at how silly it looked and then came on here and see people hyping pCARS.

Don't see the problem of using a user made track in my video, we are talking lighting here, not track textures, models or anything, just lighting. I don't think we will agree here, personally i think SMS are great at car models, everything else is like being part of some other world including their physics. The car in that pCARS video looks like it's made of tinfoil.

Since you don't play it I'l just say that there are many camera/lighting filters in the game aswell as motion blur, they can be turned off but in the above video both are present, they make a very big difference to how the game looks.

I didnt say there was a problem with user made content you posted, even in your video (which had some great, enjoyable to watch driving) I found the lighting was overly bright, I dont think it looks bad, if anything that track looks fantastic but I can't agree that the lighting is as good as Project Cars the way it looks on my system (I dont run any of the lighting/camera filters and it makes the game look considerably less in your face).

I don't understand the ammount of anti-Project Cars hate on this site, fair enough you don't like it but theres no need to be going mad scientist with howling laughter, it really isn't that hilarious. For a start the Mclaren skin used on that car is user made, so perhaps you should be laughing at the artist who made the skin.

Wasn't the skin that makes it look silly, it's the OTT reflections on the car, it's looks unreal ( not in a good way ) I'm no mad scientist but it did crack me up. It looked like F1 driving in a sc-fi movie.

Its because the reflections in the car dont blur or bloom like they do on the track.
So the cars reflection are over exaggerated and stand out more then everything else.
Its like the car is standing still and the world is moving around it.

I do, do the "mad scientist laugh", when I see the car in pcars turn corners, that looks unnatural.

I think I agree with every single word lee Ross has said in all his posts in this entire thread.

Vickery you actually think project cars' physics are better than raceroom???? (try to ignore the fact that raceroom has aids on)

I think I agree with every single word lee Ross has said in all his posts in this entire thread.

Vickery you actually think project cars' physics are better than raceroom???? (try to ignore the fact that raceroom has aids on)

If Raceroom has aids on then that is all I have to judge it by, but yeah I do. Raceroom felt terrible to me, felt like I was playing a Codemasters GRID or NFS Shift with better (but still not great) controls/FFB.

Didn't feel connect to the car, it just felt sloppy and lacking and sterile, Project Cars may not be perfect and I know it is hated on RD but it certaintly isn't any of those things.

If Raceroom has aids on then that is all I have to judge it by, but yeah I do. Raceroom felt terrible to me, felt like I was playing a Codemasters GRID or NFS Shift with better (but still not great) controls/FFB.

Didn't feel connect to the car, it just felt sloppy and lacking and sterile, Project Cars may not be perfect and I know it is hated on RD but it certaintly isn't any of those things.

Hmmmmm, I think PCars is all those and more when I drive it, hopefully raceroom gets improved with the get real driving model.

haha so you say rF2 is too bright and bloomy and then you post that video to make a point? Seriously? Either i need glasses or that looks twice as bright and bloomy, no? or are we comparing car models, textures etc? I was talking about lighting remember.

Look out of your window now and if it's clear do your eyes really see the world like that, really?

haha so you say rF2 is too bright and bloomy and then you post that video to make a point? Seriously? Either i need glasses or that looks twice as bright and bloomy, no? or are we comparing car models, textures etc? I was talking about lighting remember.

Look out of your window now and if it's clear do your eyes really see the world like that, really?

I honestly think that no matter what I had posted, your reply would have been the same. It is pointless to discuss Project Cars on this website. I think the Project Cars graphics look fantastic, I generally don't feel the same about Rfactor 2.

That is graphics on the whole, lighting, textures, modelling and everything inbetween.

Your refund has been processed. Thanks for giving rfactor2 a try.
Image Space Inc. just sent you a full refund of £29.99 GBP for your purchase.
If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Image Space Inc

(Ile be back in 2 years)

There is no way anyone can predict how long it will take. Certainly it will be at least half a year, but it can be anything longer as well.

But I am sure a gold version will be released sooner then the final product is presented. Updates will keep comming for the coming time (read years).

The real question is, when will it be good enough... Good enough to release it. Good enough to play all it's aspects in a stable manner. When that stage is reached, it will probably be released as gold. And I can't tell when that will be.

Well i have a roblem with the fact its using a directx 9 game engine so lighting effects will allways be at a minimum.
I understand the people who love sims dont care about the graphics, but i allways reply to that, go play a 4 bit machine and then stand your ground.

Another uneducated person who talks, but doesn't know what they are talking about.

Have you seen PCars maxes out in dx9???? It BARLEY looks any different. Have you seen the lighting in Crysis 1??? I could keep on goin about gorgeous dx9 games.

It has nothing to do with the fact that it is dx9. It's just simply the graphics engine itself, regardless of dx9 or dx11.

omg you cant use the cry engine from crysis as a comparison the fact you are says your the one who requires education.
It make me laugh when you compare 2 different game engines with each other.
Go play on your console.

Get with 2012.....(SIMS are stuck in late 90s for graphics)
If you want to ignore 10 years of innovation thats your loss.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%