F1 2013 What is the best way to get better at F1 2013?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So I've had this game for a while and I keep getting frustrated with it. I watch aarva and Tiametmarduk on Youtube and it looks like so much fun if you know what you're doing. I'm kinda new to sim racing in general and was wondering what is the best way to get better at the F1 games? Is it just "Practice makes perfect!" ??? How many races or hours a day should I practice? Lemme know guys and dolls. I really wanna get into this game. Night...

I asked same question 2 months ago.
This is how I got better. (PS3)

1st I bought racing wheel ( I got DFGT)

2nd I tried to search a lot of settings and hoped that they will help me. But really settings help u improve time, but settings dosent make u good driver. So try to drive with default settings for while.

3rd Learn how to drive with manual shift. That improved my driving by 100%. U can easier manages speed in corners, u can brake late, u can do a lot of other moves if u drive with manual shifts.

4th Try to accomplish ALL TROPHIES! That will push you to make restarts, change tracks and spend a lot of time learning those tracks. Also try to watch Youtube videos how to make better lap times in Time attack mode etc.

5th Dont run @ Online mode in early start of game. Do all trophies, do all tracks and learn everything from game before spend a lot of time in Online sessions waitings players and then rage quit on them.

6th Turn off ALL ASSISTS except racing line. For start get used to braking without ABS and other assst help. But I dont think that you should turn on racing line. Becouse that line help you also adopt to manual gear shifting.

Time: I spend 8h in 2 days @ Melbourne learning how to use manual gear (I use manual + suggested)! And then I started to drive Time Attack challenges, Time trials and also Season Challenges.

I did almost all tophies in 4 days and I played like 8-10h in day. After 1 week I was pretty much normal driver for Online. But I still drive with racing line.

Join a league. Nothing beats competitive pressure and that will push you to practice more. Of course you need to get to a certain level first, or find a league that has a low tier.

For me nothing beats just doing the races, the longer the better. It's amazing how much you improve without realising it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%