What is the best site for car reviews?

Hello everyone. There are tons of cars to download and this is great! But...before downloading a car I would like to read (not video) a detailed review where there are photos of the skins and interior and at least a description that tells me if it is worth my time to download the car.

Hello everyone. There are tons of cars to download and this is great! But...before downloading a car I would like to read (not video) a detailed review where there are photos of the skins and interior and at least a description that tells me if it is worth my time to download the car.

For the time it takes to download a car and install, you could check what the skins and the interior looks like, decide if it is up to your standards, nobody can be better positioned than yourself as an expert in your own taste
While you are at it, you might even drive the car, if skins and how the cockpit looks like is not the only thing you find important in a car.

You might even considerate your own thread, right here on this forum and let every body know how you rate the car you have tried.

Last edited:
Sure Cote Dazur, what you propose is just the solution I had so far and I agree, but let's do a calculation, I am not an expert on Assetto Corsa, so:
- search for a car on the web or on Racedepartement: 1 minute
- download: 1 minute
- insert the car in Assetto Corsa: 1 minute
- launch Assetto Corsa, check in showroom (Assetto Corsa or CM showroom) and drive the car: 5 minutes
- then there are cars that have installation problems and this will take even more time.
So almost 10 minutes per car.
I've tried this procedure before and wasted hours with bad cars and mods that work poorly.
Racedepartement is great because it gives you alerts about new mods, shows you how many downloads and provides user ratings.
But what is the reliability of a user's rating? If I, as a beginner, had to give a rating today on a mod I would surely give a not very reliable rating because I do not have enough experience in this area.
Personally I prefer to rely on a good site that groups the best cars and reviews them. I love this hobby but don't have much time to spend on it. Maybe few cars, few mods, but good ones.
Then, if I have your experience, I will give a vote helping the community.

And how long is it going to take to read someone else's review ?
5-10 mins
And that's if you have a similar point of view and enjoy the same experience.

I think it's easier to just look at the ratings, download numbers, screen shots, discussion and any videos.
Lastly, sometimes just the set-up can take a car from cack to awesome, just like a real car.
Personally I prefer to just download a bunch, sling them in CM, it nicely highlights the new additions and then go test them out for a while.

(That's just my 2p's worth)

Last edited:
I think as a rule of thumb if they didn't put screenshots of the car on RD then it's probably not worth downloading (and if it's not hosted on RD at all... stay away). Likewise if the pictures don't meet your standards, don't bother. Beyond that there's no reviewer I would trust to know what they're talking about, you're just gonna have to try it yourself and see if the physics meets your expectations. You're not gonna have a single standard across all types of cars anyway. If you're lukewarm on F1 cars you'll need to try them to see which scratches the itch for you, not just assume some reviewer who is deeply obsessed with the 2003 F1 series and worships the ground Schumacher stands on can objectively say one is better than another. Whereas if you really love BTCC just download them all and live with their flaws.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back