What is the best name for the RACE Series?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
What personally bothers me the most with RACE is that every expansion has a new name and therefor its very confusing what game we are actually playing :giggle:

RACE 07 is always considered the core, but GTR Evolution is a strong name as well, and in the near future there will be RACE On as a new full game.

What do you think is the best name to describe the core game(s) we are playing?

You can vote in the poll and if you come up with another title that isnt listed please vote "other name" and dump it in this thread

I voted RACE as the corename but i wouldnt mind if they went the EA-way and name the first title RACE 06, RACE 07, RACE 08, RACE 09 etc
In my opinion you then have a strong title that people will recognise immediately. Now we are stuck with RACE 07 and that implicates that we are playing a two year old game that is actually up-to-date to 2009 specs.
If i were a newcomer and visit a gamestore and see RACE 07 in a shop i wouldnt even consider buying it since it looks like a 2007 game.

I voted actually 'Other', 'Race' was my first thought though!

Reason for this is actually that the different names are confusing, but bottom line a GTRE owner and a RACE On owner, have a subset to play with each other, but there are parts of the game where they can not play with eacht other.

So though confusing, but it makes the (or 'a') difference clear. Maybe they should have called 'Race On' 'Race 08' instead, as it seems to contain the WTCC 08 material.

That is the problem when products becomes interwoven. You don't know if you need the one, which is the core product etc...

I voted RACE but would prefer something more generic even if had the title RACE in it. I'd say there should be a core name/product and the others just variants of the core name so it is less confusing especially for newcomers.

EDIT: How can I vote for race if I suggest something else in my post :lol::lol:

I just refer to it as GTR Evolution because that is the 'umbrella game' under which every expansion pack can be used.

Actually, since the last patch, all addon content can be added and removed independently. Also, what Peter said is correct - the content is available no matter what executable you use.

The only common requirement is Race 07. So that is actually the "umbrella".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%