What is the best ever Formula 1 Game?

mystaaRS

If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace
As F1 2013 is fast approaching, I decided to make an interesting Poll about which F1 Game is the best. You can choose multiple F1 Games to vote for, and it will be interesting to see which game comes out on top :thumbsup:

GP1 MicroProse. Almost dropped out from highschool because of it :).

And way before that title I was hooked on F1 Spirit from Konami on the good old MSX :)

Last edited:
I cast my vote based on the originally released games, so GP4 it has to be.
GPL is now still alive and much better thanks to the upgrades from the Simracing Communities.

the Grand prix series by Mr Crammonds, i've played them for over 10 years and it was my first sim racing game, too bad the online feature of the game wasn't good tho but the single player mode was the best and in my oponion is still the best there is :)

I want to try the Grand Prix series and Grand Prix Legends now :D

Well, i don't a vote but back then i did have and enjoyed playing

F-1 96/97/98 by Psygnosis

F-1 2001 and F-1 Challenge 99-02 by EA (PS 2 version)

F-1 Championship Edition by Sony

F-1 World Grand Prix by Nintendo

I also had Codie's F-1 2010 but my pc wasn't running it well so i gave it away.

Last edited:
@Hiroshi Awazu if you pm Tony Wiltshire he is still driving GP legends and knows all the tricks to get it up and running on a modern system and im sure will give you the links needed.
the 2 sites i used for this are no longer up and running. :(

I voted for GP4 but I think it's as good as Racing Simulation 2.

Tom
Although it is not quite a F1 game, but a very good F1 "simulation". I remember I drove the wheels off the 3rd edition of the game (hopefully we are speaking of the same series). I loved the "scenario" mode in which you would be put into the situation try and achieve goals. For example "you're in the lead by 50 seconds, but you suffer a problem (in that case - a puncture). Try to nurse the car around the last lap and win the race". And also how could you not note the insane engine sound, turn your speakers to the max and just listen...

After 2 hours of that sound you can easily lose your virginity... Just kidding.

Still feel a bit disappointed that Ubisoft never got the licensing and stuff, because I think they were really worth it, but at least they left the ability to customize the names and stuff (note the driver names in the video).

Last edited:
@Hiroshi Awazu if you pm Tony Wiltshire he is still driving GP legends and knows all the tricks to get it up and running on a modern system and im sure will give you the links needed.
the 2 sites i used for this are no longer up and running. :(

Thanks for the heads up there Rupe, It will probably take some time to get my hands on a copy, I see some being sold on Amazon but when i do get one i will look up Tony.

I saw that there is quite the community for GPL over at NG so another place for me to check out as well.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%