What is the best combination of sim racing hardware actually? Budget: 10.000€

Hi everybody!

Thanks in advance for all the options that you can advice to me. :D
I've so much doubt about the best combination that is possible to do, with a dynamic stand.

That is my actually 'best' idea for about 10.000€.

Wheel: Simucube 2 pro + F1's Wheel (from augurysimulation) = 2000€
Pedal set: so much doubt actually, maybe HE's ultimate, HPP PRX, Wave Impetus, Tilton, Richmotec or other? = about 1500€ or more
VR: ? I don't know nothing about them, but I tried triple screen and I don't like it.
A good VR I think can cost about 500€, isn't it?

Full motion simulator: (at least 3 DOF, with loss traction), I'm watching for the combo of SFX-100 (about 2000€) + NLRv3 (about 3000€), that I'm trying to understand if it is really good. What I have understood, is that with this combo, I don't need a rig, but only a seat, right? Because SFX-100 is like a rig I thought.

If this combo is not so good for the price (about 5000€), what can be a better choice for about this price (if 6000-7000 is not important, but it need to worth it), specially if it is 'ready to use'.

Processor and graphic card: suggest? Without exceed with performance, just to run all the most common racing games very good (Iracing include) :roflmao:

Thank for all the tips and advice! :)

I have been looking at some items too, in and around your budget level.

I would agree on the SC2 pro, it's a definite for me, but I was more looking at the gt3 style wheels, so cube controls or precision sim engineering.

For the pedals, I suppose you might be able to narrow down by whether you want load cell or hydraulic? Sim Racing Garage had a review of the Simworx pedals which looked pretty decent and may interest you or go on the list of possibles.

Simworx also do a lovely v8 supercar shifter, how I lust after it lol, but have you thought on shifters and handbrakes?

VR, I'm not really able to help on that one as it is just frankly too confusing at present. I was considering trying out a local VR racing centre to decide if it's my thing.

I'm debating the layout / type of motion sim I want and how much i'm willing to part with to make it what I want. I suppose the decision for you on may be more a time based one, do you want to spend the time getting it built, or do you want to just get something and be up and running?

prob more questions than answers there, but just trying to put out some of the things I have been considering

Upvote 0
For SFX you need to buy a rig too, fe. Simlab p1 or GT1 etc.

Ahhhh, I have misunderstood so! Okok, thanks for the advice! :)

I have been looking at some items too, in and around your budget level.

I would agree on the SC2 pro, it's a definite for me, but I was more looking at the gt3 style wheels, so cube controls or precision sim engineering.

For the pedals, I suppose you might be able to narrow down by whether you want load cell or hydraulic? Sim Racing Garage had a review of the Simworx pedals which looked pretty decent and may interest you or go on the list of possibles.

Simworx also do a lovely v8 supercar shifter, how I lust after it lol, but have you thought on shifters and handbrakes?

VR, I'm not really able to help on that one as it is just frankly too confusing at present. I was considering trying out a local VR racing centre to decide if it's my thing.

I'm debating the layout / type of motion sim I want and how much i'm willing to part with to make it what I want. I suppose the decision for you on may be more a time based one, do you want to spend the time getting it built, or do you want to just get something and be up and running?

prob more questions than answers there, but just trying to put out some of the things I have been considering

So, for the wheel, I'd like so much F1's steering wheel, and this is why I would choose this. :)

For the pedals, I don't know so much... I have read really much things about, but when they say conclusion, often it finish with 'it's a really top set pedals', both for hydraulic or load cell.
I tryed clubsport v3 load cell and he's pro, but I really don't know how can be He's ultimate or HPP (that are my two top preference based on my read/viewing review). So I don't have a real preference.

For shifters and handbrakes at the moment I'm not interested xD

VR, as I said, it will be a must, because I didn't like so much triple screen, I think that is not so immersive. For VR I thought to a PC with gtx 1660ti and intel core i5-9400F, that theorycally is good.

For motion simulation, I really don't know.
I know that for SFX I need really much time, but I will spent less money.

But if the combo SFX (+much time) + NLRv3 (or don't know, maybe G5-S) is really good for about 5000€, I can choose this, but if there's a better motion simulator, that can cost 1000-2000 more, but ready to use, I will prefer the last one. The important thing is that need to be good for the price, that make really the difference (at least, like SFX+NLRv3).

PS: thanks for all the suggest! I really appreciate the help! :)

Upvote 0
Hmmm, if you want VR and reasonable fps and graphics its top of the range PC sadly, core clock is king in Iracing and top GPU, that 1660ti is not that good TBH I am using a 1080ti with a i5 8600k @4.9 ghz and wish I had more in VR :)

On VR, it seems Valve index and HP reverb are the top of the pile, both have strengths and weaknesses.

Pedal wise I have hydraulics, but mine are as rare as Rocking horse Sh**, mainly because not produced anymore although someone has picked them up and running with them. So I your choice is what I would be looking at, probably swaying towards He's as in Europe.

As to the rim, just go with 29 cm wide min, some of those F1 rims are 27 cm and too small for other cars, mine runs great at 29cm in GT/F1 again not available anymore ;)

Motion wise there are other offerings out there, hopefully someone else will chime in, I like my DIY, best thing I ever did and if it fails I know what to do to fix it :) as an ex NLRv3 owner I would be more curious about the GS5 :)

But like all these things we all have a different approach and thoughts.

Upvote 0
@Danpavese I think you'll struggle to get such a good experience with that CPU/GPU combination.

If you are going to spend that much on the SIM hardware (all good choices by the way :) ) I would suggest you go higher end for your PC stuff too.

Upvote 0
@Black_rat , @EsxPaul thanks for the advice! D: I thought that CPU/GPU combination was good for it, so you saved me from this error!

1080ti with a i5 8600k @4.9 ghz and you wish more? D: What combination I should use so? :confused:

For wheel, probably I will take a second 29cm wheel :)
For pedal, I'm looking for an easy choose, this is why in my top list there are Heusinkveld Ultimate or HPP 3P-PRX-SE, but if there are other good pedal (and easy to buy xD), I can looking for them.

@Emery , yes, I thought the same, but race in real cost really more xD

For motion simulator... I hope some experts will read this post to suggest :D

Upvote 0
1080ti with a i5 8600k @4.9 ghz and you wish more? D: What combination I should use so? :confused:

I'm using a 1080 and have to make a lot of compromises to make vr playable so I would say a 1080Ti should be the minimum level you look at for a decent experience. Even a 2080Ti isn't really enough for games like ACC :confused:

As for the CPU, go with the best you can afford. As @Black_rat said, clock speed is king so you'll probably want to be looking for something in the 9700k or 3700x range.

These things above can seriously eat into your sim rig budget, I'm afraid :(

Upvote 0
@Andrew_WOT , umh but this wheel (B64 that I was looking for) costs 500€ more than Augury's wheel. It's worth the difference?

@EsxPaul Umh, infact I didn't think that Iracing VR need so much performance's PC! And it costs so much :roflmao:

However, I read so much things yesterday and have understood that Iracing VR needs so much CPU.
So, an I5 9600k (not overclocked) can take 90fps with VR? Or I really need a 9700K (also not overclocked)?

For GPU I don't have really understood. Because people say that Iracing need overall CPU, so a 1660ti can be good to take VR 90fps? Or I really need also a 1080ti? (2080ti for ACC VR is foolish D: )

A PC with I5 9600K + 1660ti + 16 gb RAM can cost about 900/950 Euro assembled by me.
If I use I7 9700K + 1080ti + 16gb RAM it will cost at least 1350 if I don't wrong. :confused:
I don't want look how I7 9900K + 2080 ti will cost :roflmao: :cry:

@Beef36 so, if I use:

-PC 1350 euro
-VR 500 euro
-Curved monitor 29'' 300 euro
-Simucube 2 Pro + F1's Wheel 2000-2500 euro
-Heusinkveld ultimate Pedals 1350 euro
-Simlab P1-X + seat 1000-1100 euro (is this a good Chassis?)

For a total of 7100 euro...

And with the time I will add a SFX-100 + NLRv3 motion (total about 5000 euro) for a total of 12000-12500 euro... is good?

I know that the motion simulator actually aren't so good, but for 4-5000 euro (really low if I see the competitors) I think it worth, isn't it?

Or it better looking for a better motion simulation ?

Upvote 0
Wheel; i got the SMR-F1 (SpeedMaxRacing) Hamilton Wheel with LEDs and it was upgraded with Martin Asher magnet shifters.
Love it! I can recommend it to everyone.

Price: ~800€

Upvote 0
@Andrew_WOT , umh but this wheel (B64 that I was looking for) costs 500€ more than Augury's wheel. It's worth the difference?

@EsxPaul Umh, infact I didn't think that Iracing VR need so much performance's PC! And it costs so much :roflmao:

However, I read so much things yesterday and have understood that Iracing VR needs so much CPU.
So, an I5 9600k (not overclocked) can take 90fps with VR? Or I really need a 9700K (also not overclocked)?

For GPU I don't have really understood. Because people say that Iracing need overall CPU, so a 1660ti can be good to take VR 90fps? Or I really need also a 1080ti? (2080ti for ACC VR is foolish D: )

A PC with I5 9600K + 1660ti + 16 gb RAM can cost about 900/950 Euro assembled by me.
If I use I7 9700K + 1080ti + 16gb RAM it will cost at least 1350 if I don't wrong. :confused:

@Beef36 so, if I use:

-PC 1350 euro
-VR 500 euro
-Curved monitor 29'' 300 euro
-Simucube 2 Pro + F1's Wheel 2000-2500 euro
-Heusinkveld ultimate Pedals 1350 euro
-Simlab P1-X + seat 1000-1100 euro (is this a good Chassis?)

For a total of 7100 euro...

And with the time I will add a SFX-100 + NLRv3 motion (total about 5000 euro) for a total of 12000-12500 euro... is good?

I know that the motion simulator actually aren't so good, but for 4-5000 euro (really low if I see the competitors) I think it worth, isn't it?

Or it better looking for a better motion simulation ?

Honestly, and like others said, to build such a great rig and don't give the due priority to the main component (PC) is a wrong move in my opinion.
With 10k as budget, 2500€ for a PC is not to much... and if you really want to have a good experience (specially in VR) don't cheap out on it.
With a 1080, like was already said, you already have to do compromises in graphics quality for VR. We are almost on Black Friday and this can be the best moment for you to grab some good deals for GPU/CPU.
If you want a good PC for the future, treat yourself with at least an I7 9700K/9900K or AMD 3700x/3900X for CPU and a 2080TI or 2080 Super for GPU.

Motion Rig and other stuff will be a 2nd plan thought, and you can add in the future if the rest of the base is solid (PC, Chassis, Wheel, Pedals).

Upvote 0
@Noahbet I love so much these F1 wheel, and the version of about 850 euro is 300mm (as suggests from this topic) and really nice! I have an hard choise of this wheel ahah

Honestly, and like others said, to build such a great rig and don't give the due priority to the main component (PC) is a wrong move in my opinion.
With 10k as budget, 2500€ for a PC is not to much... and if you really want to have a good experience (specially in VR) don't cheap out on it.
With a 1080, like was already said, you already have to do compromises in graphics quality for VR. We are almost on Black Friday and this can be the best moment for you to grab some good deals for GPU/CPU.
If you want a good PC for the future, treat yourself with at least an I7 9700K/9900K or AMD 3700x/3900X for CPU and a 2080TI or 2080 Super for GPU.

Motion Rig and other stuff will be a 2nd plan thought, and you can add in the future if the rest of the base is solid (PC, Chassis, Wheel, Pedals).

Yes, it is the better option in fact. Probably I will buy these in 2 separate moment (Motion after).

The fact is that until few days ago, I thought that a I5 9600k + 1080 ti was a super combination for gaming ahah, while now it is 'the minimum' xD it make me laugh in effect! :roflmao:

However, also if I need another year to upgrade the motion system, I would learn all about it.

First of all, if Simlab P1-X + seat worth the money or there are better option.

Second point, if Simlab P1-X can be associated with SFX-100 and NLRv3 and if they are the better option for motion simulation considered the price (only 5000 euro against over 10000 of great part of competitors).

I know it isn't perfect, but if they are really good together, I will read hundreds and hundreds of topic's pages of them ahah

PS: However I would thanks to everybody... because, also if you will waiting me more for my 'perfect' combination for sim racing considered the more costs ( :roflmao: ), it will be surely better than my previous configuration's idea!

So, really thanks to everybody! :)

Upvote 0

A 9600k would probably be just about ok and could do a job for you. If you paired that with a 1080Ti or something equivalent from the 20xx series, you could have a good, playable experience in iracing if that's the SIM you will spend the majority of your time in.

Any of the 1660 cards will fall a little short imo and I think you'll be left sitting in your amazing rig, frustrated at having a visual experience that doesn't fully immerse you into all the lovely hardware surrounding you.

Pay 4-500 bucks extra on the PC now and get a good few years of enjoyment from all the other hardware. If that means leaving out a shifter or waiting an extra month or two before adding motion, so be it.

You'll have more fun with the whole package in the long run :)

Upvote 0
VR needs extreme PC performance! I just built a computer for my Sim setup: I-9 9900K, 2080TI , 32meg ram. I also do demanding flight sims, and with the latest 4K VR headsets, this system still struggles........

Upvote 0
Oh man......... I don't like threads that make me do mental arithmatic to calculate what I've spent on my rig to date :(

I'm afraid I'm well past your 10K limit and I don't have a full chassis mover, just the NLRv3.

i9-9900K, MB, SSD's, Memory, case, wireless keyboard & mouse, PS, USB hub $2K
2080Ti 1.5K
Valve Index 1K
Sim-Lab P1 + extra profile and connectors etc.. 1K
SC 2 Pro 1.5K
PSE GT3 1K
Momo Rally wheel 226
Heusinkveld Sprint, SQ shift, hand brake 1K
Pro Sim H pattern shift 1.5K
NLRv3 3K
seat + brackets + seat belts 600
button box 200
Transducers 200
Transducer amp 100
remote control fan 60
Aluminum angle, aluminum plate, more bolts and T-nuts, various 8020 extras.

These are approximates and may even be a bit low, but it appears I'm past 15K into my rig not including the 2K in Fanatec equipment, my previous Oculus Rift with 1080Ti and various upgrades I'm no longer using.

I know I've missed stuff too :(

That's without full motion.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline