What is the best combination of sim racing hardware actually? Budget: 10.000€

Hi everybody!

Thanks in advance for all the options that you can advice to me. :D
I've so much doubt about the best combination that is possible to do, with a dynamic stand.

That is my actually 'best' idea for about 10.000€.

Wheel: Simucube 2 pro + F1's Wheel (from augurysimulation) = 2000€
Pedal set: so much doubt actually, maybe HE's ultimate, HPP PRX, Wave Impetus, Tilton, Richmotec or other? = about 1500€ or more
VR: ? I don't know nothing about them, but I tried triple screen and I don't like it.
A good VR I think can cost about 500€, isn't it?

Full motion simulator: (at least 3 DOF, with loss traction), I'm watching for the combo of SFX-100 (about 2000€) + NLRv3 (about 3000€), that I'm trying to understand if it is really good. What I have understood, is that with this combo, I don't need a rig, but only a seat, right? Because SFX-100 is like a rig I thought.

If this combo is not so good for the price (about 5000€), what can be a better choice for about this price (if 6000-7000 is not important, but it need to worth it), specially if it is 'ready to use'.

Processor and graphic card: suggest? Without exceed with performance, just to run all the most common racing games very good (Iracing include) :roflmao:

Thank for all the tips and advice! :)

• Deleted member 197115

Part of this is F1 regulation, I don't recall reading that GT cars brakes are that heavy, but guess it depends on driver as they are adjustable.
What kind of forces do drivers put through the pedal?

A lot of force. The drivers really have to stamp on the brakes with every application, almost standing up in the car to do so. On road cars, servo-assisted brake systems multiply the pressure you apply to the master cylinder but the regulations in Formula One demand that the braking force has to be generated by the driver alone.

They need very strong legs to do this, but they do get some help from the violence of the braking manoeuvre itself. The cars decelerate at around 5G (compared to the 1G we might see during an emergency brake in our road cars).

At this deceleration, their leg will weigh approximately 100kg, and the weight of their leg on the brake pedal provides its own form of servo-assistance to help them - the harder they press, the more the car slows, the more it slows, the more their leg weighs which helps them to press harder.

Upvote 0
At this budget, (which isn't going to go as far as you'd expect) you would be better to put the money into high quality PC and your preferred components and to go without motion. Then later like most people here do, gradually upgrade and add SFX or something else for motion that you like.

You can achieve really good tactile immersion with 4 exciters on the back of the seat and with an affordable amp.
Certainly in the UK for under £300. What we can now do with Simhub has brought more options to the table and removed restrictions other software including Simvibe had. Tactile from motion hardware is nowhere as adaptable or offer the finest detailing, even if options like D-Box or SFX can be very powerful.

In my experience, from what I have learned that is (now) the best way to start with tactile and use it with Simhub.
Then if wanted to complement these with more powerful units. In this alone, you can spend a lot of money if buying the better high end components, amps etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Part of this is F1 regulation, I don't recall reading that GT cars brakes are that heavy, but guess it depends on driver as they are adjustable.

Interesting context. Thanks!

I know that part of the real answer is getting better at modulating the brake with my left foot. Left foot braking is completely new to me as of just a few months ago, so I don't have the same dexterity I had with my right foot. I understand why I want to use my left foot and I'm working on developing more control.

Upvote 0
@metalnwood thanks for the tips. I think you are onto something and I will need to take a look at altering the relationship between my seat and pedals.

I'm 6'1, weigh around 200 pounds and in decent shape for a 47 year old so I can't think of any other reason that it feels difficult for me to push over, say 25kg on the sprints. Is there anything fundamentally wrong with the way I have things setup?

20191116_1_60.jpg

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Are you braking by just pivoting foot or extending the whole leg that should have knee bent in normal position?

Upvote 0
Are you braking by just pivoting foot or extending the whole leg that should have knee bent in normal position?

I keep my heel in place and just pivot my foot. I do feel like my heels are a lot lower than my backside though. The position feels a lot like my road car and I suppose I should try lowering the seat or raising the pedals.

Upvote 0
A couple of things - this is to do with my preferences but seems to translate closer to how cars are set up anyhow.

I would suggest to anyone that they get their pedals up to bum height. That will raise your legs and your thighs while will no doubt require you to tilt your seat back a bit more. Andrew had a good question and you probably didnt have the right answer :) You should be pressing with your leg. Guarantee if you are in an accident you will use your legs to hit the brakes :)

If you couldnt physically change height (I know you can) I would move the pedals closer and change the angle so they are not straight and angled backwards to match your position.. The lower the pedals the closer you are going to 'flat feet' like you are sitting at a desk so it would be easier to change the pedals. Thats academic, I would change the pedal hieght though.

I dont know what you look like in the rig so if you are just using your ankle you may have the pedals too far away and need to move them in as well. @RCHeliguy has a picture of himself in his thread worth looking at.

Upvote 0
@metalnwood & @RCHeliguy Thank you for the tips, guys. Great information :thumbsup:

I've just had a sit in the rig and noticed my legs are much straighter than in the picture. My hamstring is flat against the seat base and that's why I'm using my foot with no assistance from my leg. Doh :thumbsdown: my legs are at about 110 degrees and should be closer to 90.

I can lift the pedal deck up and bring the pedals toward me by about 2 inches to get the result. I'll then need to raise the wheel up because it won't rotate without hitting my knees.

I've also messed up by not stretching out the slots I cut for pedal mounting far enough to the left side. The brake needs to go where the clutch is now as my leg is slanted over to the right. No wonder I'm not getting much brake force.

20190615_154601.jpg

Some rejigging needed. Thanks for pointing this out :)

Upvote 0
HE has an excellent article covering pedal selection
Interestingly, in the Sprint the throttle pedal pressure is 14.5.kg which is significantly higher than the Ultimate throttle pressure which is 9.25kg.
My DIY throttle pedal is set to 17kg pressure.

Upvote 0
Yes, get those legs bent. you just need them bent enough that you are not over extending them to press on the pedals.

You hamstring is flat on the seat which is why I suggest you may have to change the angle of the seat to maintain some support when you have bent legs.. Otherwise most of your support will be on your tail.

I understand about your knees hitting the wheel mount.. I had to have an extension on my wheel so that the mount could move forward of my knees. Seems like a bit of dicking around but the results are well worth it.

Upvote 0
"I lock up the wheels or get into ABS way too easily in the heat of a race."
@RCHeliguy yes... exactly this :redface: He's ultimates will be very good with 136 Kg break pressure. But yes, I need to practice more with threshold braking (and reading the posts, maybe change the position of pedals).

"With today's sim racing technology, you goal is a combination of tactile feedback, motion and g-force simulation."
@Beef36 , yes, the mix of these will be fantastic!
Infact, my objective will be to do the best setup, with everything to do the best sim racing experience.

Upvote 0
@metalnwood thanks for the tips. I think you are onto something and I will need to take a look at altering the relationship between my seat and pedals.

I'm 6'1, weigh around 200 pounds and in decent shape for a 47 year old so I can't think of any other reason that it feels difficult for me to push over, say 25kg on the sprints. Is there anything fundamentally wrong with the way I have things setup?

I have the same seat and the Sprints. I'm a small guy at 65kg and I've set my brake at around 55kg. I can also say that the seat does not flex in any significant way.

Looking from the picture your pedals are too low and far, but of course this is down to personal taste too.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back