What is needed?

Emerson Meyer

Keep Fighting
Which are, in your opinion, the features needed to make R3E a serious competitor to AC and iRacing?

1. Day/night transition?
2. Dynamic weather?
3. Endurance races?
4. Open wheelers? (something like Skipe Barber)?
5. First class build old historic tracks?
6. ...
7. ...

I feel like they have very nice selection of cars and tracks so my choice would be #3 whether it be "endurance" or any other form. Until they have some type of racing, even rudimentary like in AC, then they won't be a serious competitor to anyone. I'm not talking about MP either. Just a plain old race against someone besides the clock.
After that, having some car sets that work for various racing series would make this a very credible alternative to other games. I would prefer GT and LMP cars myself but I'm happy with what they have at the moment. Once they are up and running with SP and MP racing then I think a focus on certain types of real racing within the R3E game will make it very appealing to various groups of Sim racers. Endurance racing would be great for many but it seems that you need 1& 2 in your list plus driver swap to make it work. If they are first to the plate with that then it will make certain groups of sim racers very loyal to the game. Same goes for GT2/3, hill climbs, rally or whatever as long as they make it possible within the game. DTM is a good example of niche games within a game, although having it stand alone and not integrated is a serious problem and a very real irritant to many. I understand someone else paid for it and wants to keep it separate, but it was still a bone headed move in my opinion if they are trying to attract long term customers to R3E.

Dunno about iracing as I don't own it nor I ever will because I'm not into online racing but comparing to AC it's my only grief with r3e, if I get about the same amount of tracks and cars for about the same amount of money I'd have no problems with it. Quality will not be the problem when it comes to Simbin that's for sure. For the right price I would by anything that Simbin brings us.

We already have iRacing and Assetto Corsa so there is in my opinion no need for R3E to transform in any of them. If I wish to play the first two mentioned games Ill fire them up :)

From a business perspective there is nothing wrong with trying to deliver a R3E game to a more gamer-like public as long as the Get Real Mode in full effect is available as well to those of us who like to experience a simulation level.

I only wish they'd stopped using the "Free to Play" tag which this game obviously isn't. Sure you can race for free with a car or two but thats nothing more than what used to be called a demo.

Offer a one-time-purchase-all package for the price of the total RACE Series and I am sold.

1-4 would be good
#6 Multiplayer (which is coming)
#7 BTCC
#8 Aussie V8's
#9 Pit Stops\Pit Strategy

Totally agree Bram, F2P is nothing more than an extended Demo. Unfortunately money talks, I've already spent over £50 on R3E and what do I have for that, probably 3 or 4 Premium tracks and half a dozen cars, not a lot when you compare it to Race 07 for £24, it's also highly likely I will spend another £50+ (when it gets MP) and that is what they are banking on.

So here are my Top5:

1. Good league support with a lot of features to administrate and organize race weekends.:cool:
2. Pitstops (incl. different pitstop rules according to race series)
3. Dynamic weather
4. Realistic timecycle (Day/night transition) (...also needed for the following point 5)
5. Endurance racing online incl. driver swap feature
6. (Have i said Top5? ...... nevermind) R3E needs some more iconic race tracks like Nordschleife, Le Mans or Spa-Francorchamps (but this depends on the possibility to license these tracks)

I love GT Racing and R3E offers me an almost unbeatable package of licensed GT cars in different classes.:thumbsup: The cars are also well balanced performance-wise and i can't wait to have some close fights on the track with my league mates. But this strongly depends on #1 of my Top5. Also multiclass racing would be great.

I understand that many Simracers out there want a few Open wheelers, but these are not my preferred cars to race. If Simbin would add some Open wheelers, i'm fine with it, but i for myself wouldn't race them that much.:p

I think each game will have it's own audience, pretty much like the previous generation of racers did. When they introduce the WTCC season with multiplayer, I reckon we will see some full grids regardless of what AC is doing although AC is the clear winner in most areas.

Front tire slip angles and Roadfeel! Right now FFB doesnt feel as alive as it should ..

And yes Single and Multiplayer .. Allso, I find it rediculous that they managed to get DTM races going but left the initial R3E supporters out in the cold. The way they are conducting business right now is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Front tire slip angles and Roadfeel! Right now FFB doesnt feel as alive as it should ..

And yes Single and Multiplayer .. Allso, I find it rediculous that they managed to get DTM races going but left the initial R3E supporters out in the cold. The way they are conducting business right now is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Marko and Mark are working hard on improving the FFb feel as we speak, it will take some time to finalize but the small bits we could test in the studio were pretty damn good.

SP and MP will find its way to R3E, but we painted ourselves in a corner with the amount of work it takes to get in R3E. I will try and get an update on that out to you guys int he near future, but its not off the table far from it to be exact.

I think that physics in not the problem, its their translation through the wheel / ffb that is bad. If they fix FFB i think we are fine :)

its a little bit of physics and larger chunk of FFB to be precise. Mark was in the studio last week and he ran some test by stripping down the current FFB to single effects only, so we could figure out what the current issue was.

Ill try to explain but i am a bit of an idiot when it comes to all of this code stuff :D

The roadfeel as it is designed is added by the artist, but although it seemed the implementation was correct it didn't translate into the steeringwheel at all. After some digging they found out although the right properties/actions were being called, but by the time the car hit the "bumpy" road where the FFB effect should be triggered, the car already passed it and the effect was terminated before it actually even started. Small fail there one could say! but now we know at least part of the culprit that has been haunting us for some time.

Its a step int he right direction for us to figure out where to look at, and as said Marko and Mark are on top of it, hopefully you will be able to find out for yourselves soon enough!

Last edited:
Just found out today about Mark and Marko getting the green light to try and get some life into the FFB and try to appeal to the SIM crowd again. This is good news and I hope they can deliver..

yup
I gave up on this title months ago but by reading this they ignited a little flame of hope
AND they have the WTCClicense
Simbin stills nails it on the car choice
and I'm curious what they'll do with the rest of this sim

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years