F1 2011 What is limiting my GTX 570?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there,

I found a strange thing. I run a Phenom X4 965 BE@ 4Ghz with a GTX 570 on a TFT with 1690x1050. I ran some benchmark with different resolutions and different Antialiasing settings and get almost identically 59 to 60 avg. fps. There is no difference if the game is running on 1280x720 with AA out or 1680x1050 with 8xmsaa. And no, vsync is turned off. In the benchmark there are some peaks of 71 fps, so vsync actually is out. Is it a coincident, that in graphics the refreshing rate of the tft is set to 59? Is there a internal vsync which can't be turned off. There must be some explanation.

Here is my hardware_settings_info:
<hardware_settings_info>
<systemInfo OS="Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)" totalMemory="4190756" winPlatformID="2" winMajorVersion="6" winMinorVersion="1" isWinXP="false" isWinVista="false" isWin7="true" rating="4" />
<cpu name="AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor" speed="3415" cores="4" hyperThreading="false" sse2Supported="true" rating="3" />
<graphics_card name="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570" vendorId="0x10DE" deviceId="0x1081" vs_shader="3_0" ps_shader="3_0" memory="3038" rating="2" dx11="true" dx11Card="true">
<resolution width="640" height="480" aspect="normal">
<refreshRate rate="59" />
<refreshRate rate="60" />
<refreshRate rate="72" />
<refreshRate rate="75" />
</resolution>
<resolution width="720" height="480" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="720" height="576" aspect="normal">
<refreshRate rate="50" />
</resolution>
<resolution width="800" height="600" aspect="normal">
<refreshRate rate="56" />
<refreshRate rate="72" />
</resolution>
<resolution width="1024" height="768" aspect="normal">
<refreshRate rate="70" />
</resolution>
<resolution width="1152" height="864" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1176" height="664" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1280" height="720" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1280" height="768" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1280" height="800" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1280" height="960" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1280" height="1024" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1360" height="768" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1366" height="768" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1440" height="480" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1600" height="900" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1440" height="900" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1600" height="1024" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1600" height="1200" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1680" height="1050" aspect="normal">
</resolution>
<resolution width="1768" height="992" aspect="normal">
<refreshRate rate="25" />
<refreshRate rate="30" />
<refreshRate rate="29" />
</resolution>
<resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="normal">
<refreshRate rate="30" />
<refreshRate rate="29" />
<refreshRate rate="25" />
</resolution>
<capabilities a2r10g10b10="true" a2r10g10b10_srgb="false">
<alpha_to_coverage supported="true" method="nVidia" />
<multisampling>
<mode name="off" />
<mode name="2xmsaa" />
<mode name="4xmsaa" />
<mode name="8xmsaa" />
<mode name="8xcsaa" />
<mode name="16xcsaa" />
<mode name="8xqcsaa" />
</multisampling>
</capabilities>
</graphics_card>
<audio_card audioEnabled="true">
<unsupported type="hardware" index="0" voices="0" />
<mixing type="software" index="1" voices="192" />
<mixing type="rapture3D" index="5" voices="192" />
</audio_card>
</hardware_settings_info>.

I had a gtx 460 before and nearly the same results, something seems odd.

Hi, I have poor performance too and I have a GTX570, it's only since we had to reformat the pc. Before that the frame rates never dropped below 50 and were always smooth. Now the game can be running ok and then all of a sudden the frame rate drops right down. I have tried everything so I don't know whats wrong!

@ Carsten

F1 2011 is not optimized for PC and also CPU intensive, I am quite sure your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU. A x4 even OC'ed to 4ghz isn't really that great. If you want to test if your CPU is your bottleneck 100 % then you should clock your CPU back to stock and then check your fps in game, if it drops even more then you know where your problem is. I don't see why you want to get even more fps tho, above 60 fps is above your monitors refresh rate and it will simply cause even more heat in your case.

You're right, 60 fps are fine, but I can't undersatnd that there is not noticable difference between the 460 and 570 (cause in Battlefield 3 there is) and a friend of mine has a major fps problem with his 560ti (only medium settings still only 30fps), so I want to find a hint, what is causing my limitation and perhaps the problems of my friend.

After 1st patch performance was great(in dx9 at least). I had 90-100fps almost everywhere with specs i7-920@3.6Ghz, 2x285GTX in SLI. 2nd patch broke it again. I barely have 60fps and i have to turn off AA for it. If i turn AA on i have 40-50 fps. I revert back to patch 1 and bam - 90-100 fps with AA on.

This may sound strage but stick shadows up to ultra or high which ever is the highest setting. It may sound daft but I got a huge increase doing so, without it the game was only using 50-60 % gpu.

I read about it else where and simply ignored it thinking it cant be true, but the guy was right I now get a stable 60fps + using a 460gtx prior is would spike all over the place as low as 20-30 fps.

This may sound strage but stick shadows up to ultra or high which ever is the highest setting. It may sound daft but I got a huge increase doing so, without it the game was only using 50-60 % gpu.

I read about it else where and simply ignored it thinking it cant be true, but the guy was right I now get a stable 60fps + using a 460gtx prior is would spike all over the place as low as 20-30 fps.

I gotta try this jacking up my shadows to ultra

this is one reason I am buying an AMD card soon. but mainly for rfactor cause this game is not worth all these silly headaches.
ATI RADEON(The worst furnace)
These cards are not good for hardcore gamers.
They are way behind
Right now i am running 3x 580 GTX and i am seeing outstanding performance.
I will give you an example what happend to me last generation
5970 Dual GPU Card 2GB SapphireTech OC Edition had half of the power of 480 GTX *Single GPU Card so
Did you take it .
Radeon is just worthless bullcrap.
Nvidia>Radeon
Intel>AMD
To be honest with you
Since 7XXX GTX Came out Nvidia is just way ahead.

Jedai, what you are saying is just silly. I don't want to start a flame war but there are good and bad reasons for the Green team's cards and the Red team's cards. I don't see a clear winner on either side.

First of all, Nvidia is notorious for having cards that run hot. This issue was mostly experienced with the 400 series and is not much of a problem on today's cards though. As for Nvidia's performance I think yes they may have a bit of an edge but it really is on a game by game basis. SLI scaling has always not been quite as good as CF scaling however, Nvidia tends to have better driver support (AMD took almost 2 months to get a working driver for F1 2011).

6 of 1 half a dozen of the other really.

I wish I could have bought Nvidia but for me the prices were way too high. I bought 2 6950 2GB's ($600) to game at 5040x900 and 6048x1080 resolutions. This means the 570's were out of the question since they only have 1.28GB VRAM; it would have to have been 2 580's (1.48GB) at a cost of $1000! Yes 2 580's would way outperform 2 6950's but I didn't need that much performance and would rather have that $400 for something else.

OT: Healset is probably correct, looks like the CPU is bottlenecking

ATI RADEON(The worst furnace)
These cards are not good for hardcore gamers.
They are way behind
Right now i am running 3x 580 GTX and i am seeing outstanding performance.
I will give you an example what happend to me last generation
5970 Dual GPU Card 2GB SapphireTech OC Edition had half of the power of 480 GTX *Single GPU Card so
Did you take it .
Radeon is just worthless bullcrap.
Nvidia>Radeon
Intel>AMD
To be honest with you
Since 7XXX GTX Came out Nvidia is just way ahead.

Nice post. Subjective nonesense and no help to the OP.

I have to disagree with you on that Jedai
Ive got a :XFX:ATI Radeon 6970 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card And this card is by no means crap, i can run 60 plus FPS easy with Full Grid And all setting on ultra :)
regards
Engae

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back