What is it with some AI and just starting with ridiculously low fuel, then just refilling with the same amount?

Hello, I didn't find much discussion in regards to this, so I wondered if I could get a reliable answer to this problem.

I usually run full-grid F1 car races to just watch and see, and these are full-length races too, with 50+ laps depending on the track.

Anywho, I look at the drivers as the race start and some start with 80L of fuel, others 70...

But then there are the one or two who run 10L, which is rather low for what the race demands, and even when the race goes on, when they pit, they don't add any additional fuel larger than 10L, causing them to pit double the amount the other AIs on the grid do by the end of the race.

I wondered if anyone found a solution to the situation regarding this, or is this just an unfixable issue?

If you look in the car’s data folder (you might need to unpack and re-pack with Content Manager) in car.ini there are settings for fuel tank size and default fill amount, I think that might resolve that part of the issue.
Sadly the AI in Assetto just isn’t built for endurance racing. Idk if that’s something the CSP guys plan to tackle or if it’s possible, it’d be great to put on my own personal 24 hours of whatever. :D

Did you try letting them run practice/quali? Similar to humans, i think i read they need to calculate the fuel consumption first.
Considering that I'm doing this in quick race, it would probably be possible that that mode isn't exactly meant to have a long race setup haha, however, I figured it out just this morning by - oddly enough - restarting the race!

Suddenly the cars with 10L now have 100+L of fuel, which is, a lot more logical(???)

Considering that I'm doing this in quick race, it would probably be possible that that mode isn't exactly meant to have a long race setup haha, however, I figured it out just this morning by - oddly enough - restarting the race!

Suddenly the cars with 10L now have 100+L of fuel, which is, a lot more logical(???)
i think the AI needs at least three laps to figure out fuel consumptions. People realised this with AI in some cars at Nordschleife only doing two laps, outlap and inlap, with their initial fuel load, and never calculating needed fuel for the whole race. I suppose if you restart the race, it will not reset the AI conditions. If it had enough laps to calculate, it will then start with the right amount

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%