F1 2011 what is everyone's take on the new tracks in F1 2011?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
your thoughts on the new tracks?

Nurburgring.... they did a good job on that one. personally one of my faves on the modern F1 grid

Buddh.... it's not bad, it's probably tilke's better tracks, but it's still a typical tilke-dome. i dont particularly enjoy racing on it, but it's better than korea.

if you havent gotten that far in career mode, im sure some of you have tried it out in TT.

India is fun, but somehow boring. Very difficult to overtake. It will be a sleepfest in real life, worse than Valencia.
Nurb -- very good job on that. Watched some onboards -- the car behaves almost like the real thing there!
Silverstone -- boo, my head was spinning after a couple of laps. Too damn fast for me. And the AI is insanely quick there.

i know what you mean about the speed of the AI.

i get the feeling that silverstone was the codies AI test track for the new game... just like catalunya probably was used for the 2010 game.

It's nice to have the "new Nurb" in the game. I didn't mind Hock, but I enjoy the Nurberring more. As for India, there are some decently long medium straights and a straight that I timed with approxmiately 15 seconds of flat-out time - I think it'll be a great spot for some good moves (mostly done by Kobiyashi I'd imagine, lol). It has some nice eleveation changes and cambered corners as well. Again, I love it, but your mileage may vary.

And I've never liked Silverstone. Never liked watching the races or driving the track. The new config is the same to me as the old - harder than hell. :) And I was sooooo confused until I realized this season they had moved the S/F line to the new straight.

I love Nurburgring! Possibly my favorite track thus far. Silverstone isn't that bad I hated it in 2010 but with the new handling model I don't find it nearly as troublesome. I haven't tried India yet but I'm only one GP away! I'm going to miss Hockenheim and Bahrain though, it's too bad they cant add them as a DLC or something.

Nurburgring is really fun, takes a bit of practice but it's def the type of track that I like the most (mid-gear corners, lots of down-shifts and places to use KERS on).

Haven't even done a lap on India yet, but it looks nice. Silverstone is nice (have always loved Silverstone), takes a while to get used to the new pit straight, but I like the pit-entry better than the last one. Glad they fixed Becketts too!

Buddh International Circuit is my new favourite Tilke track. While it isn't as great as the older circuits on the F1 calendar, it actually makes an effort. Which comes as no surprise as this is Tilke's first track designed with the input of teams and drivers. The track flows nicely in the technical section after the back straight, with a handful of lift-off corners.

I still can't get used to the new starting line at Silverstone, probably because the 2010 and 2011 layout have the same type of first corner, so I was expection to come to the famous twisty corners and instead went into a 1st gear chicane.

Yas Marina has a day-night cycle that can only be experienced completely in a 100% race. You will still witness the sky getting darker in shorter races but only in 100% races will the sun completely set (around 10 laps from the end). There are still corners that will give you a corner cutting warning if you put half the wheel off the track.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.5%