What if I buy any content and later don't renew my subscription?

I'm thinking about to get started in iRacing. It's quite ok with the 2 years for 50% off. But you have to buy contents too.
I know it's enough to buy one car and the tracks in any series -it's clear for me. The question is that: what if I subscribe for 2 years, buy the content needed, and after 2 years I take a break. When I get back, do I have to buy the content's again or not?

It's quite a hard decision for me. Unfortunately there is no other option with endurance events and moreover no other option with a huge and active community. Or maybe I just don't know about it?

I also thought about rF-2, but I don't know how is the multiplayer or is there any endurance events.
Other sims, like AC -> there's quite much people on public servers, but no day-night transition, no endurance events.
I don't think PC (1 or) 2 can compare with the sims above.

I really thank any of your help and suggestion!

You won't loose anything. Every item you buy is assigned to you account and if you let your subscription go and then renew everything you bought earlier will be available.
If you're into endurance racing I think nothing beats iRacing. See Daytona 24h broadcast on YT, there were a few thousand people racing in that event.

You won't loose anything. Every item you buy is assigned to you account and if you let your subscription go and then renew everything you bought earlier will be available.
If you're into endurance racing I think nothing beats iRacing. See Daytona 24h broadcast on YT, there were a few thousand people racing in that event.

Agreed. Spa 24, nurb 24 and lemans should be epic this year, provided no random disconnects.

To be fair buy those circuits and a car of your choosing and you'll be set up for a ton of fun.

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks! ;)

Another question in connection with 24 hours races:
There are teams, with driver swaps and so on -as far as I saw. Is that possible to find other people (I mean people who don't have a team) I could team up with?

just a reminder: you never buy stuff, officially, you only borrow it, until iRacing decides to call its part of the deal null and void. This does really not make any difference in everyday use, one should just know it.
As for driver swap and teams: make sure to get enough Information about which in game licence you need and how to get that licence. As said above the internal iRacing Forums are the place to go once you signed up.

As another prospective new customer of the iracing service I find that much information can be gleamed from the forums associated with the service.

Official forums give the low down usually both good and bad concerning all areas of a service from performance issues, hardware performance at different levels and concerns with the rules or general attitudes of the members concerning the actual racing itself.

I have wondered why the official iracing forums are not available in at least a read only capacity for non subscription holders. I am very interested in the service but do not like that other than the marketing from the company that any other information available such as the forums is hidden behind a pay me first policy.

I may still join the service but I would probably join quicker if access to the forums were available to answer some questions or just allow me to gather more intel other than company marketing.

I have wondered why the official iracing forums are not available in at least a read only capacity for non subscription holders. I am very interested in the service but do not like that other than the marketing from the company that any other information available such as the forums is hidden behind a pay me first policy.
There is probably a reason for this.
Hehe at least iRacing think so.;)
But iRacing is not alone blocking non-members out:
1. PC section of the forum is reserved to AC licensed users only.
Being a support forum, a legit Assetto Corsa license is required to join. During the registration process, please associate your Steam account containing a legit AC license, otherwise your account will be instantly and automatically disabled. In case AC license is missing, the account will be banned. The ban can be lifted by contacting support@assettocorsa.net after purchasing a legit AC license on Steam platform.

I quit enjoy iracing's closed forms as it limits the spammers, trolls, robots and negative opinions from non members.

Personally I wish more titles would have closed forms or need a game license to join like ACC.

Reddit iracing forms are a great place for non members to get info regarding the game.

I partly agree.
Because my experience with the iRacing forum is that because it is only for members then people have no hidden agenda trying to hide the different issues in the service against outsiders sneaking views.
Hehe eventhough there is allways some 101% fanboys who mandatory try to shot down any oppinion pointing at some problem/negative issue in this sim.:laugh:
But they are a minority - eventhough a noisy one:roflmao:

I can attest the content is yours "forever". I bought a wheel now five years after selling my old one and taking a break from sim racing. Just reactivated my account now and everything is there.

Sadly, no Formula 3 for me though. Time to reach that wallet. =/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 123 8.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 160 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 224 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 413 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing