What if HRT collapses?

I really want the grid to be filled up. 26 cars!

Even though, more teams, means more fighting over money, it also means more drivers, more exposure, and I do think F1 is better off with 26 cars, than 20/22.

I like more teams but i also think that if you plan on doing something the first thing you do is check that you actually can afford it.
Right now it seems HRT can´t but hopefully they do.

However i´d trade that spot for a manufacturer like Honda any day of the week.

I really want the grid to be filled up. 26 cars!

Even though, more teams, means more fighting over money, it also means more drivers, more exposure, and I do think F1 is better off with 26 cars, than 20/22.

Yes yes that IS still the idea, however, those extra teams are young and lack any development and funding that regardless of having many many teams in, 90% of theam are going to bebackmarkers and the points go down to 10 place, unless the FIA is riskign to change the point system and take it all the way down to at least 15.

As good as it is for F1 to have more teams in, is really them loosing $$$$ if they are not even able to finish most of the time or not score ANY points at all.

I don't really like manufacturer teams. They can chip in with engines, and support, but not own a team.
A F1-only team, tries it best to survive. Manufacturer teams pull out when they think that's the best economical choice.
Manufacturers pull out because it´s not the motorsport division of the company that runs the whole company.
When the board says it´s too expensive to run (the equivalent of HRT not getting sponsor money)

It´s the same principle.
The motorsport division of a company do not run the company.
They have just as passionate people (most have worked in motorsport all their lives)

Motorsport divisions loves F1, wants to do F1.
HRT loves F1, wants to do F1.

None of them decide if they can or not. Sponsors do, in the manufacturers case the sponsor money to go racing in Formula 1 comes from within the company.

I doubt a new team will come on board for next season. By studying how HRT joined and never really got anywhere during it's tenure, it'll certainly scare away any new investors/sponsors to start a brand new team.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back