What I would do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I can do that, but what is the proper size? I didn't make them larger, they were the same as the templates.

I agree with everyone, Radical change is too radical. In my view stay the same or use GT Sport.

I'll try and fix our skins before the next race.
Nothing wrong with your skins Mike, they have the right size.
The VW has a skin of 2048x2048 where a most have 1024x2048, You can't change this. However there are skins that are 1024x2048 and still have double size.

I agree to no radical change, to late anyway. But we do have to think how to go on next season.

no format change, please. I know it is a massive pain for the guys dropping out due to server-minidump-mod whatever problems. But our rates have been acceptable overall, the two cars we lost at Sugo kind of reflect the amount of cars taken out suddenly in a real race (Vettel anyone?), which is cold comfort for the victims, but at least the amount of money at stake is a bit less dramatic than in F1. For next season one could think of banning the Scirocco and the Vertigo, there were four rides left, if I am not mistaken.

well, if we want to go for sth. rocksolid, Live For Speed is the name of the game. It's built around online capability, in two years of playing I don't think I have ever seen any serious trouble. Problem is that it is looking kinda dated (guess it's about five years old by now).

and as for the new titles, they will be more complex than the old ones if they want to compete on the next-gen level. Don't think that this means they will have better net-code because that is of very little interest to your average buyer. Graphics is the name of the game, the rest does not matter much to publishers.

@ben: at the end of the day they need to make a profit, and the simracer community is way too small I figure.

They are always making profits. Allot of real motor-sports teams and F1 teams use rFactor Pro, which they pay ISI quite allot of money to use. There's allot of developers/private people & motorsports teams who work with ISI. This is where a big fraction of their money comes from, so they don't have to worry about targeting the more "arcade" racing community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 177 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%