What I like in rFactor 2 ! Not exhaustive

Not exhausive !!!

- Excellent physics engine with very successful realroad and new tire model which arrives designed in connection with Michelin......

- Physics realism of S397 official cars (about 40)

- Physics realism of laser scan tracks

- Diversified S397 cars

- Rather high quality circuits (official and modding) really a lot.

- Really good graphics engine, with some shortcomings some of which will be improved soon such as shadows. Above all, what characterizes the graphics engine is the desire not only to look beautiful but realistic (colors, etc.).

- Graphics performance : overclocked GTX 1080, i7 9700K @5 Ghz, 16 Gb 4000 Mhz ram, SSD: Nurburgring combined, incredibly beautiful and detailed track, very recent official car, day/night cycle, mixed rain/dry, 103 AI, many multiclass, more than 30 different cars..... Nvidia control panel all maximum quality, single 1080p screen, visible AI 6, opponent low, rain reflection low, rain drops low, EVERYTHING REST AT MAXIMUM including AA max and post ultra effect = almost always 75 FPS in dry, and between 50 and 75 FPS in wet.

- Sound really good. Original and unchanged, it is good. But with some modifications which take 2 minutes in the player.json, the sound is really very good (see on racedepartment the Dodd's sound .... in misc).

- Bugs and loading : the bugs contrary to what some say are infrequent even in beta, but the loading times are unbearable (unbearable).

- UI fast enough, functional, and allowing to correctly configure all aspects of the game (wheel and pedals, graphics, session, other aspects) : the UI is disappointing yes, but it is perfectly usable and improves so IT IS OK.

- All the layout of the Nurburgring, best Nurburgring of all the simracing + as many multiclass as you want + 103 AI........ An incredibly awesome experience.

- Indispensable features : resume racing even after 4, 6, 8, 12 hours of racing.... Real road in autosave mode !

ETCETERA !!!

Well rF2 is not perfect but for what I need it is the best sims out there.

Last edited:
Being able to retain and test as many versions of any content you wish
No other sim lets you do this

Just to qualify

Make rfmods that break all content into series or other formats you like
Steam can't remove earlier versions until you uninstall the rfmods

I make 15 mods so you get to keep say the LMP-GTE updates
that you are doing a saved race with while testing the upgrades
in all cars or by making a new rfmod

rfmods.jpg

Last edited:
For me rF2 is the main one of only two sims that I race. I race almost exclusively online, if that makes any difference, and almost exclusively in tin tops from the 50s, 60s & 70's.

OK it's a bit niche, but rF2 is the sim I find most immersive. For me personally, I find it the most convincing to drive. I can lose myself in the driving experience, in a way that none of the other current sims comes close to... for me.

I did find the driving experience of AMS1 (at the end of it's development cycle) came very close. But trying to find online races in my personal niche in AMS1 at this point in time might be difficult. I'm lazy enough to just stick with rF2 and put the things that I don't like to the back of my mind (or completely forget about them) whilst out on track.

Other current sims, currently don't tick enough of the boxes for me. I am keeping an eye on a couple of them though - never say never - but for me , rF2 is still king. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I did about 10 laps Nurburgring Combined, 30 laps of Monza, and a few laps of Sebring with the last car.

To quickly go over what is "less" important :

The graphics are really excellent (I just wished a less translucent windshield), the graphics optimization is really very correct, and the sounds are very immersive and of high quality (despite the fact that it is a 4 cylinder turbo).

For your information, this car is equipped with the new tire model (for the moment it is the only one) and it is free.

Just this post to tell you how realistic, natural and high quality this car looks to me.

As far as I'm concerned, and this is fabulous news for the world of simracing, this new tire model is a great success.

We have maybe the most realistic car in simracing, at least I think so, and it's free !!!!!!!!!!

What I want to tell you is that from a realism point of view, rF2 and in fact the simracing will make an incredible good forward in my opinion, with in particular this tire model, because it should be extended to others cars that are already extremely realistic.

Obviously this tire model will still improve, it is the first version.

This year good savings in Sale

Don't quote me I think 5 packs ( LMP, GTE, GT3, Reiza, Formula-E ) $135AU
32 models @ $2.75AU and 10 circuits @ $4.70AU

Not too bad, cross another bad excuse off list ie: it's too dear
and @ $18 the cheapest base game which has Sao Paulo, Suzuka, Lime Rock, Indianapolis, Malaysia, Nola, Palm Beach, Portland, Silverstone, Zandvoort, Atlanta and 3rdparty run Isle of Man, Targa Florio Most recent iteration of the other big 4 studios ( iRacing, RRE, AMS2 and ACC ) don't allow 3rd party and never will again

edit: $135AU includes the premium track pack as well so add another 4 circuits
That reduces circuits to $3.35AU each ! lol

Last edited:
Well I come back to the last 3 contents.

Monza is incredible graphically and probably at the level of the track physics.
Same level as SPA.

I'm a fan of the Nurburgring, unfortunately, although the track is very successful, it is still below. If S397 is reading this, I would love (and probably others) to have this track upgraded.

Then the M4 C1 ... It is truly flawless.

The physics are exactly what I would imagine from an rF PRO, a professional simulation inaccessible to the general public.
Perhaps the best car of the S397 in terms of physics.
In terms of feeling, it's also exceptional (FFB), but it's directly linked to physics.

I would say the same for Formula PRO.

And in fact .... Same for these two cars also concerning the graphics and the sounds :

They are particularly good, really good. I also see an improvement in the dash. And last thing very positive, I did not notice, despite the ultra detailed graphics and PBR, performance differential with the other cars of the last two years.

Finally, the tire model is apparently the same, but S397 has worked a lot and improved this one :

I have to say it seems like a real hit, which is great news for the simulation world.

I believe rF2 is regaining its potential, for about 1 year, and relatively exponentially.

I think that one can be extremely positive for the future of rFactor 2, but a doubt remains :

The impact of MG on the future of rFactor 2.

However, I think that for rFactor 2, the arrival of MG is good news, but I'm not sure. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%