Cars What happens if I race online with a modded Kunos Car

So basically I have a modified Lotus 98T where I edited the data files to lower my car height and to add sparks in the colliders config.

I really miss online racing with this car but I don't feel like editing my car back to it's original state as I forgot to make a backup. Is it possible to still race online? What happens if I just join a server and select the 98T, will i get banned? Is there some kind of checksum that just prevents me from joining?

I should also add that I mean the Kunos servers.

Last edited:
You get a checksum error when trying to join server that uses 98T, since the car on your end does not match the server-side 98T. Meaning you cannot join the server.

Should really have taken a backup first. Verifying files via Steam restores the original, but the drawback is it restores ALL files, so every last mod that replaces vanilla files will be gone. Mods that don't replace vanilla files are unaffected.

Last edited:
You get a checksum error when trying to join server that uses 98T, since the car on your end does not match the server-side 98T. Meaning you cannot join the server.

Should really have taken a backup first. Verifying files via Steam restores the original, but the drawback is it restores ALL files, so every last mod that replaces vanilla files will be gone. Mods that don't replace vanilla files are unaffected.

I see, is there any risk of getting banned? I was able to get into a race and play completely fine before I saw your response. However I noticed my ride height has changed to the default one.

Don't think I'll do it again, I'll probably grab a copy of the original 98T from a friend.

I don't know how the multiplayer servers works when it's hosted on Kunos servers. Some of the servers I see listed as Kunos on CM says they have no checksums. Maybe I just managed to get into one. But how does one host a game in Kuno's server without checksums?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%