What happened to the graphics?

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Dunno if it's just my install, but the graphics seem ugly and not a little fuzzy. And I have turned FXAA off. Am I not configuring things correctly?

thanks mrsmr2, but I have done that. I found that FXAA (a.k.a. blurry setting) was turned on when I thought I'd turned it off :redface:. However, although the image was sharper, it still looks washed out, and frankly rubbish. The shadows seem wrong, and the car shadow disappears. Very disappointing tbh, when rF1 generally looks better. I bought the full game ages ago expecting it to improve, but sadly the graphical side at least seems to have gone backwards

anti-aliasing is not implemented well in rfactor2 I made a thread on rfactor2's forum but people either are used to how it looks or just don't know whats going on. I really hope they fix this as its the main reason I don't play it very much. Heres a screenshot with everything set to max and max AA but it still looks poor. In motion its even worse.

4JpWSkU.jpg

And here is an official silverstone image released by ISI showing the same results of poor AA.. its not just me.

48DpMUH.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years